TV series director Junichi Sato and Toei Animation return for original movie "Majo Minarai o Sagashite"
Ojamajo Doremi (known in English as Magical DoReMi) is gearing up to celebrate 20 years of magical girl antics with a newly announced original anime theatrical film entitled Majo Minarai o Sagashite ("Searching for Witch Apprentices") that will hit Japanese cinemas in 2020, and now the main staff, a new key visual, and a teaser trailer have been revealed for the film.
The main staff for Majo Minarai o Sagashite includes:
- Director: Junichi Sato, Yū Kamatani
- Screenplay: Midori Kuriyama
- Character design, chief animation director: Yoshihiko Umakoshi
- Animation director: Shoko Nakamura
- Animation production: Toei Animation
The original Ojamajo Doremi TV anime was broadcast from 1999 - 2000 on TV Asahi, and the series spawned three TV sequels and two movies as well as various manga and light novel spin-offs.
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.