STUDIO4℃-produced feature film hits Japanese theaters June 7, 2019
The official website for the forthcoming anime film adaptation of Daisuke Igarashi's award-winning
fantasy manga Kaiju no Kodomo/Children of the Sea has started streaming a 60-second new trailer
introducing its main character voices, including the protagonist girl Ruka Azumi played by Mana Ashida,
along with soundtrack music provided by by internationally acclaimed composer Joe Hisaishi (Hayao
Miyazaki, Takeshi Kitano films).
The film's release date in Japan is set for June 7, 2019. 52-year-old Ayumu Watanabe (After the Rain,
Gurazeni) serves as director at Studio 4°C (Tekkonkinkreet, Berserk: Golden Age Arc).
60-second official trailer 1
This is Joe Hisaishi's first anime film soundtrack work in six years since the late Isao Takahata's The Tale of
the Princess Kaguya released in 2013.
Main poster visual
Main voice cast:
- Ruka Azumi: Mana Ashida (14/Mako Mori in her childhood in Pacific Rim)
- Umi: Hiiro Ishibashi (14/Muguel in Coco Japanese dub)
- Sora: Airu Kubozuka (16/actor Yosuke Kubozuka's son, his first voice acting role)
- Masaaki Azumi (the protagonist Ruka's farther): Goro Inagaki (ex-member of idol group SMAP)
- Kanako Azumi (Ruka's mother): Yu Aoi (Onee-san in Penguin Highway)
- Sensei: (Handball club teacher at Ruka's school): Toru Watanabe
- Dede (mysterious person who observes Sora and Umi): Sumiko Fuji (Sakae Jinnouchi in Summer Wars)
© KaijunoKodomo Committee
© Daisuke Igarashi/Shogakukan