Adaptation based on violent martial arts manga heads to Netflix Japan in July of 2019
A dramatic new key visual (above) and 15 additional voice roles have been revealed for Kengan Ashura, an upcoming web anime adaptation based on the violent martial arts manga written by Sandrovich Yabako and illustrated by Daromeon about a young man striving to become the top fighter in an underground brawling league sponsored by shady corporations.
The new cast members for Kengan Ashura include:
- Akira Ishida as Hajime Hanafusa.
- Hiroshi Shirokuma as Julius Reinholt.
- Hiroshi Shirokuma as Shigeru Komada.
- Ryōko Maekawa as Kokomi Yoshizawa.
- Megumi Ogata as Ryuu Inaba.
- Masayuki Kato as Sukizou Urita.
- Hidekatsu Shibata as Metsudou Katsuhara.
- Tetsuo Kaneo as Katsumasa Hayami.
- Eiji Takeuchi as Fujio Aku.
- Eiji Takeuchi as Masayasu Yokota.
- Eiji Yanagisawa as Mikio Nabe.
- Matthew Masaru Barron as Jerry Tyson.
- Keiji Fujiawara as Niko Tokita.
- Natsuko Kuwatani as Yoshiko Togawa.
- And Sōichirō Hoshi as Keizaburou Sawada.
The original Kengan Ashura manga is serialized in Shogakukan's Ura Sunday digital magazine. The Kengan Ashura TV anime is directed by Seiji Kishi and features animation production by LARX ENTERTAINMENT. The series will stream on Netflix in Japan and other world markets beginning on July 31, 2019.
Netflix describes the story of Kengan Ashura as follows:
Underground gladiator Tokita Ohma fights on behalf of business mogul Nogi Hideki who wagers mega-business deals on the outcome of these brutal matches.
Official Kengan Ashura Twitter feed (@kengankai)
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.