20 minute feature directed by Shunya Sugai and animated by Sublimation hits Japanese theaters in July of 2019
They say you are what you eat, and perhaps that old adage applies doubly so in Walking Meat, an upcoming 3DCG anime theatrical short feature that posits a world in which humans have turned the zombie apocalypse into a culinary opportunity.
The main staff have been revealed for Walking Meat, including:
- Original work: Sublimation
- Director: Shunya Sugai
- Character design: Mitsukasa Kanda
- CGI director: Takahiro Kawaguchi
- Art director: Yuusuke Takeda
- Color design: Mika Sugawara
- Director of photography: Maki Morikawa
- Editor: Keisuke Yanagi
- Sound director: Takumi Saito
- Total production coordinator: Atsushi Koishikawa
- Producer: Tomoyasu Nishimura
- Production cooperation: K&K Design
- Distribution: Presidio
- Animation production: Sublimation
- Production committee: Tamakoshi, Sublimation, K&K Design
- Cooperation: YAMATOWORKS, Nagoya Designer Institute
Walking Meat features the voice talents of Maaya Uchida, Fukushi Ochiai, Minami Tsuda, Kenjiro Tsuda, and Yūko Sanpei.
Walking Meat is set in a world where humans have turned the tables on zombies and now use them both as a food source and as a means of population control, hence the phrase "walking meat". The film is approximately 20 minutes in length, and it will be distributed in Japanese theaters beginning on July 19, 2019.
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.