Adaptation based on violent seinen martial arts manga begins worldwide distribution on July 31, 2019
Eleven additional cast members have been announced for Kengan Ashura, an upcoming Netflix original anime based on the violent martial arts manga written by Sandrovich Yabako and illustrated by Daromeon about a young man who rises to the top of an underground pit-fighting league sponsored by shady mega-corporations. The new cast members include:
- Daisuke Ono as Rei Mikazuchi.
- Takahiro Sakurai as Hasado.
- Chiharu Sawashiro as Ren Nikaidou.
- Shinya Takahashi as Takashi Hashida.
- Katsuki Murase as Robinson Mokichi.
- Mana Hirata as Sayaka Katahara.
- Nobuyuki Hiyama as Saapain Yoroizuka.
- Kōji Yusa as Suekichi Kaneda.
- Katsuyuki Konishi as Naoya Ohkubo.
- Takanori Hoshino as Takayuki Chiba.
- And Noriyuki Kawamoto as Masaki Meguro.
Netflix describes the story of Kengan Ashura as follows:
Underground gladiator Tokita Ohma fights on behalf of business mogul Nogi Hideki who wagers mega-business deals on the outcome of these brutal matches.
The original Kengan Ashura manga is serialized in Shogakukan's Ura Sunday digital magazine. The Kengan Ashura TV anime is directed by Seiji Kishi and features animation production by LARX ENTERTAINMENT. The series will stream on Netflix in Japan and other world markets beginning on July 31, 2019.
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.