Production staff cites "various difficulties" and apologizes to fans for the delay
A bit of bad news for all you fans of ridiculously over-powered super heroes: the Japanese home video release of the second season of One-Punch Man, which was scheduled to begin publication in August of 2019, has been pushed back by two months.
In an official statement on the One-Punch Man TV anime home page, the production staff cites "various difficulties", apologizes to fans for the delay, and asks for their continued support.
The new release schedule for One-Punch Man Season 2 on home video in Japan is as follows:
- Volume 1: October 25, 2019. (previously August 27, 2019)
- Volume 2: November 26, 2019. (previously September 26, 2019)
- Volume 3: December 25, 2019. (previously October 25, 2019)
- Volume 4: January 28, 2020. (previously November 26, 2019)
- Volume 5: February 27, 2020. (previously December 25, 2019)
- Volume 6: March 27, 2020. (previously January 28, 2020)
Each volume retails for 7000 yen ($65.14 US) plus tax on Bluray and 6000 yen ($55.83 US) plus tax on DVD.
Based on the original manga by One and Yusuke Murata, the second season of One-Punch Man is directed by Chikara Sakurai and features animation production by J.C. Staff. The series is currently streaming on Hulu, who describe the series as follows:
Saitama only became a hero for fun, but after three years of “special” training, he finds that he can beat even the mightiest opponents with a single punch. Though he faces new enemies every day, it turns out being devastatingly powerful is actually kind of a bore. Can a hero be too strong?
Official One-Punch Man TV anime home page
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.