15 additional cast members announced for upcoming Netflix original anime based on brutal martial arts manga
Netflix has revealed a hard-hitting new trailer (both in English and in Japanese) as well as 15 additional cast members for Kengan Ashura, an upcoming original net anime based on the violent martial arts manga written by Sandrovich Yabako and illustrated by Daromeon about a skilled young fighter who strives to make it to the top in an underground fighting tournament ruled by mega-corporations.
The new cast members for Kengan Ashura include:
- Kazuya Ichijō as Kouzou Murobuchi.
- Taiten Kusunoki as Muteba Gizenga.
- Rikiya Koyama as Seishuu Akoya.
- Takahiro Mizushima as Haruo Kouno.
- Kenjiro Tsuda as Gaoran Wongsawat.
- Chado Horii as Adam Dudley.
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Raian Kure.
- Masuo Amada as Juuzou Magatani.
- Yū Kobayashi as Tomari Tougou.
- Mai Fuchigami as Shunka Hayama.
- Ikkyu Jukku as Akio Kouno.
- Aki Toyosaki as Rino Kurayoshi.
- Rina Hidaka as Elena Robinson.
- Mitsuaki Madano as Ronald Haraguchi.
- And Masaya Matsukaze as Akira Nishihonji.
The original Kengan Ashura manga is serialized in Shogakukan's Ura Sunday digital magazine. The Kengan Ashura TV anime is directed by Seiji Kishi and features animation production by LARX ENTERTAINMENT. The series will stream on Netflix in Japan and other world markets beginning on July 31, 2019. Netflix describes the story of Kengan Ashura as follows:
Underground gladiator Tokita Ohma fights on behalf of business mogul Nogi Hideki who wagers mega-business deals on the outcome of these brutal matches.
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.