Live-action series starring Anna Yamada and Karen Otomo hits TV Tokyo in October of 2019
TV Tokyo is cooking up some fun, because Shinmai Shimai no Futari Gohan ("The Novice Sisters' Meals Together", known in English as Let's have a meal together!), a gourmet manga by Yutaka Hiiragi about a pair of step-sisters bonding over a love of cooking and food, is being adapted into a live-action TV drama that will debut in October of 2019.
The staff for Shinmai Shimai no Futari Gohan includes:
- Original work: Shinmai Shimai no Futari Gohan by Yutaka Hiiragi (published by Kadokawa under their Dengeki Comics Next imprint)
- Starring: Anna Yamada, Karen Otomo
- Screenplay: Erika Seki, Yuko Imanishi, Hikaru Soma
- Director: Kentarô Moriya, Hiroaki Yuasa, Kenji Kuwashima
- Production: TV Tokyo, ADK Creative One
- Production copyright: Shinmai Shimai no Futari Gohan Production Committee
The story of Shinmai Shimai no Futari Gohan follows Sachi (played by Anna Yamada) and Ayari (played by Karen Otomo), a pair of young ladies who suddenly become step-sisters when their parents marry. At first Sachi is intimidated by Ayari's sharp-eyed appearance, while Ayari is naturally shy, but when the two girls are left home alone after their parents embark on a globe-trotting honeymoon, they discover common ground: Sachi is a total foodie, while Ayari loves to cook.
The live-action Shinmai Shimai no Futari Gohan TV drama will broadcast on TV Tokyo on Thursdays during the 25:00 time slot (actually on Friday at 1:00am JST) beginning on October 10, 2019.
Source: Comic Natalie
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.