Main cast and staff announced for ongoing adaptation based on fantasy light novel series
Fantasy light novel fans will soon have something to celebrate, because The Irregular at Magic High School - the TV anime based on the light novel series written by Tsutomu Sato and illustrated by Kana Ishida about a young man who seemingly lacks the ability to cast spells in a world of that combines magic and techonology - is returning for a second season in 2020.
The main staff for The Irregular at Magic High School Season 2 includes:
- Original work: Tsutomu Sato (published by ASCII Media Works under their Dengeki Bunko Imprint)
- Original illustrations & character designs: Kana Ishida
- Director: Risako Yoshida
- Music: Taku Iwasaki
- Animation production: Eight Bit
The main cast for The Irregular at Magic High School Season 2 includes:
- Yuichi Nakamura as Tatsuya Shiba.
- Saori Hayami as Miyuki Shiba.
- Yōko Hikasa as Angelina Kudo Shields.
- Yumi Uchiyama as Erika Chiba.
- Takuma Terashima as Leonhard Saijo.
- Satomi Satō as Mizuki Shibata.
- Atsushi Tamaru as Mikihiko Yoshida.
- Sora Amamiya as Honoka Mitsui.
- Yuiko Tatsumi as Shizuku Kitayama.
- Kana Hanazaw as Mayumi Saegusa.
- Marina Inoue as Mari Watanabe.
- And Junichi Suwabe as Katsuto Jumonji.
Crunchyroll currently streams the first season of The Irregular at Magic High School, which features direction by Manabu Obu and animation production by Madhouse, and describes the story of the series as follows:
Based on the light novel by Tsutomu Sato, The Irregular at Magic High School is set in a world where magic exists but instead of using chants and spells, magic users cast spells with their Casting Assistant Device (CAD). The CAD is infused with the user’s Psions (a substance-less thought particle) that activates the device and constructs the magic ritual.
Source: Comic Natalie
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.