Teaser video reveals main cast and staff for upcoming adaptation based on fantasy light novel series
It's official, folks! Majo no Tabitabi (known in English as "The Journey of Elaina"), a fantasy light novel series written by Jougi Shiraishi and illustrated by Azure about a witch who embarks on a relaxing trip to see the world, is being adapted into a TV anime. In addition to the teaser image above and the teaser video below, the main staff has been revealed, including:
- Original work: Jougi Shiraishi (published by SB Creative under their GA Novel imprint)
- Original character draft: Azure
- Director: Toshiyuki Kubooka
- Series composition, screenplay: Kazuyuki Fudeyasu
- Character design: Takeshi Oda
- Concept design: Kazumasa Ochio
- Animation production: C2C
The main cast of Majo no Tabitabi includes actors from the audio drama CDs reprising their roles for the TV anime, including:
- Kaede Hondo as Elaina, a wandering witch and the main character of the series.
- Kana Hanazawa as Fran, a mysterious and elusive witch who serves as Elaina's mentor.
- And Tomoyo Kurosawa as Saya, a witch from a distant land far to the East.
An English language version of Majo no Tabitabi is in-development from Yen Press under the title Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina, with the first volume scheduled to be published on January 21, 2020. Yen Press describes the story of the series as follows:
Once upon a time, there was a witch named Elaina, who set off on a journey across the world. Along the way, she would meet all kinds of people, from a country full of witches to a giant in love with his own muscles-but with each meeting, Elaina would become a small part of their story, and her own world would get a little bit bigger.
The release date for the Majo no Tabitabi TV anime has not yet been revealed.
Source: Comic Natalie
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.