Main staff, key visual, and trailer revealed for upcoming adaptation based on illustration collections by Takako Shimura
Love is in the air in the early summer of 2020, because a new anime theatrical film has been announced based on Happy-Go-Lucky Days (known as Dounika Naru Hibi in Japan), a series of illustration books by Takako Shimura (Sweet Blue Flowers, Hourou Musuko Wandering Son) that focuses on the sometimes sweet, sometimes painful experiences of ordinary people falling in love.
The main staff for Happy-Go-Lucky Days includes:
- Original work: Dounika Naru Hibi by Takako Shimura (published by Ohta Publishing)
- Supervising director: Takuya Satō
- Director: Kouji Aritomi
- Screenplay: Takuya Satō, Yasunori Ide, Yoriko Tomita
- Character design: Haruka Sagawa
- Color design: Sachie Nakamura (BeLoop)
- Art concept: Yutaka Ito
- Art direction: Yukihiro Saito
- Director of photography: Junpei Takatsu
- Editor: Mai Hasegawa (editz)
- Animation production: LIDEN FILMS Kyoto Studio
- Distribution: Pony Canyon
Told in a series of vignettes, Happy-Go-Lucky Days focuses on short stories of everyday life and love - such as a person attending an ex-lover's wedding, a student developing a crush on a teacher, or childhood friends reuniting as adults and and discovering how much they've each changed. The film will receive a limited theatrical release in Japan in the early summer of 2019.
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.