24-year-old singer-songwriter also becomes the top artist of this year
Billboard Japan has announced its yearly rankings of 2019 for ten categories, which were based on the data aggregated between November 26, 2018, and November 24, 2019.
The top-ranking song in its "HOT ANIMATION of the Year 2019," the ranking that covered the theme songs for TV anime/films and songs by anime voice actors/actresses released during the period, was 24-year-old singer-songwriter Aimyon's seventh single song "Harunohi," the theme song for the 27th Crayon Shin-chan feature film Honeymoon Hurricane - The Lost Hiroshi - released in April. She also became the top artist of this year, beating Kenshi Yonezu in second, whose "Lemon" was chosen as the top song in "HOT 100 of the Year 2019."
Billboard Japan "Hot Animation" top 10 of 2019
1. "Harunohi" - Aimyon (Crayon Shin-chan: Honeymoon Hurricane -The Lost Hiroshi- theme song)
2. "Uchiage Hanabi" - DAOKO x Kenshi Yonezu (Uchiage Hanabi/Fireworks theme song)
3. "Gurenge" - LiSA (Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba OP)
4. "Ai ni Dekiru Koto wa Mada Aru Kai" - RADWIMPS (Weathering With You theme song)
5. "Yesterday" - Official Hige Dandism (HELLO WORLD theme song)
6. "Umi no Yuurei" - Kenshi Yonezu (Children of The Sea theme song)
7. "Blizzard" - Daichi Miura (Dragon Ball Super：BROLY theme song)
8. "Grand Escape" - feat. Touko Miura : RADWIMPS (Weathering With You insert song)
Film trailer featuring the song:
9. "Sora no Aosa o Shiru Hito yo" - Aimyon (Her Blue Sky theme song)
10. "Inferno" - Mrs.GREEN APPLE (Fire Force OP)
Source: Billboard Japan press release