The 5-minute shorts will be released every month starting from January 15
The 5-minute, 7-episode Pokémon: Twilight Wings web anime announced its Japanese cast on its website on December 20. The shorts will be animated at Studio Colorido (Penguin Highway) by director Shingo Yamashita (key animator on ME! ME! ME!, Naruto Shippuden OPs 6,7 and 13). Twilight Wings will focus “in detail the dreams of Galar’s residents [as seen in Pokémon Sword and Shield], the realities they face, the challenges they must overcome and the conflicts they must resolve,” a press release from The Pokémon Company International states.
The Japanese cast for Pokémon: Twilight Wings include:
- Aoi Yuki (Madoka in Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
- Kei Shindo (Kyoka Jiro in My Hero Academia)
- Takahiro Sakurai (Satoshi Isshiki in Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma)
- Kazuhiro Yamaji (Hit in Dragon Ball Super)
- Ayumi Nagao (Female Mii in Mario Kart games)
- Eri Kitamura (Mina Ashido in My Hero Academia)
- Sora Amamiya (Aqua in KONOSUBA -God's blessing on this wonderful world!)
- Yuko Sanpei (Chizuru Yoshida in Kimi ni Todoke - From Me To You)
- Ryo Hirohashi (Luna in Sailor Moon Crystal)
- Lynn (Princess Hibana in Fire Force)
- Seirou Ogino (Tatsuya Himekawa in Beelzebub)
It’s not been announced who they are voicing in the web series, or even if they’re all in one or multiple episodes. The first episode of Pokémon: Twilight Wings releases on January 15 on the official Pokémon YouTube channel and will release every episode monthly.
Daryl Harding is a Japan Correspondent for Crunchyroll News. He also runs the YouTube channel about Japan stuff called TheDoctorDazza, tweets at @DoctorDazza and posts photos of his travels on Instagram.