Toru Kitahata (Haganai NEXT, Hinako Note)-directed adaptation is now simulcast on Crunchyroll
The official website for the ongoing TV anime adaptation of Arifred Yamamoto's romance comedy manga Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei Shite Mita. / Science Fell in Love, So I Tried to Prove it, Rikekoi for short, announced today that the anime (including its all 12 episodes and PVs) was viewed more than ten million times only in five days since its launch on China's largest legal anime streaming platform bilibili. The number of the platform's monthly active users is 128 million.
The anime's first episode has been already watched 3.25 million times by Chinese viewers. In addition, the anime has received a very good 9.8 points out of 10 (average score from more than 20,000 evaluators on the service).
What happens when a science-inclined girl and boy who are deeply passionate about research fall in love? An intelligent woman named Himuro Ayame who is a science graduate student at Saitama University happens to ask fellow science grad student Yukimura Shinya out. Of course, there’s no logical reason for this love! But as a science and engineering major, not being able to logically prove love would mean that those feelings aren’t real, and they’d fail as a science student. With that in mind, the two drag everyone else in the lab into trying various experiments to prove love actually exists.
Main voice cast:
- Ayame Himuro: Sora Amamiya (Aqua in KONOSUBA: God's Blessing on this Wonderful World!)
- Shinya Yukimura: Yuma Uchida (Hayate Immelmann in Macross Delta)
- Kotonoha Kanade: Natsuko Hara (Cocoa in Rainy Cocoa side G)
- Ena Ibarada: Nichika Omori (Yurine Hanazono in Dropkick on My Devil!)
- Kosuke Inukai: Jun Fukushima (Kazuma in KONOSUBA: God's Blessing on this Wonderful World!)
- Professor Ikeda: Ryotaro Okiayu (Aoyama-kun in Clean Freak! Aoyama kun)
- RikeKuma: Momo Asakura (Iroha Tamaki in Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story)
©2019 Arifred Yamamoto / COMIC Meteor / RIKEKOI PROJECT