Key visual, trailer, and main staff revealed for surfing-themed mixed media project
WAVE!!, a surfing-themed mixed media project by LOVE&ART, is waxing down its surfboards and getting ready to hang ten into Japanese theaters in 2020 with a 3-part anime theatrical film, and now the main staff, a new key visual, and a new trailer have all been revealed for the film.
The main staff for WAVE!! includes:
- Original work: MAGES.
- Director: Takaharu Ozaki
- Series composition: Kazuyuki Fudeyasu
- Original characters: Yomi Sarachi
- Character design: Tomoko Iwasa
- Animation production: Asahi Production
The main cast for WAVE!! includes:
- Tomoaki Maeno as Masaki Hinaoka.
- Jin Ogasawara as Sho Akitsuki.
- Yoshiki Nakajima as Nalu Tanaka.
- Takuya Satō as Kosuke Iwana.
- Yusuke Shirai as Yuta Matsukaze.
- Shun'ichi Toki as Naoya Kido.
- Nobuhiko Okamoto as Rindo Fuke.
- And Showtaro Morikubo as Soichiro William Mori.
The story of WAVE!! is set off the coast of Oarai in Ibaraki Prefecture, where large waves break all year round, making the area an ideal spot for surfing. Local boy Masaki Hinaoka meets a prince-like transfer student who introduces him to the charms of riding the waves, and a story about boys who become obsessed with surfing results.
The WAVE!! film episodes are scheduled to hit Japanese theaters in 2020.
Copyright notice: © MAGES. / Anime WAVE!! Production Committee
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.