Konomi Suzuki performs the OP theme song "Theater of Life"
Two months after the initial announcement, the official website for NUT (The Saga of Tanya the Evil)'s original sci-fi action TV anime DECA-DENCE announced today that its premiere date is set for July 2020, along with its key visual and main plot. The tagline is "It is for me to decide which world to live in!"
The anime's two leading voice cast are revealed: Katsuyuki Konishi (Leo in ARTE) is cast as the protagonist Kaburagi, while Tomori Kusunoki (Llenn in Sword Art Online Alternative Gun Gale Online) voices the main heroine Natsume.
Also, Konomi Suzuki sings the anime's OP theme song "Theater of Life," and Kashitaro Ito performs the ED theme "Kioku no Hakobune (The Ark of Memories)." The CD singles of both songs are set to be released on July 29, 2020
The site introduces its main plot as below:
Many years have passed since humanity was driven to the brink of extinction by the sudden emergence of the unknown life forms Gadoll. Those humans that survived now dwell in a 3000m-high mobile fortress Deca-dence built to protect themselves from the Gadoll threat. Denizens of Deca-dence fall into two categories: Gears, warriors who fight the Gadoll daily, and Tankers, those without the skills to fight. One day, Natsume, a Tanker girl who dreams of becoming a Gear meets surly Kaburagi, an armor repairman of Deca-dence. This chance meeting between the seemingly two opposites, the girl with a positive attitude who never gives up on her dreams and the realist who has given up on his, will eventually shake the future course of this world.
- Original Work: DECA-DENCE PROJECT
- Director: Yuzuru Tachikawa (Mob Psycho 100)
- Story Editor: Hiroshi Seko (Dorohedoro)
- Character Design: Shinichi Kurita
- Character Concept Design: pomodorosa
- Cyborg Design: Kiyotaka Oshiyama（Studio DURIAN）
- DECA-DENCE Design: Hiromatsu
- Shu Gadoll Design: Satoshi Matsuura
- Sub Character Design: Hiromi Taniguch, Ai Ogata
- Battle Concept Design: Tetsuya Masuda
- Prop Design: Fuminori Tsukita Hiyori Denforword Akishino（Aki Production）
- Visual Concept: Izumi Murakami
- Art Director: Takashi Ichikura
- Color Design: Chiho Nakamura
- Photography Director: Masashi Uoyama
- 3DCG Director: Masato Takahashi
- Editor: Yumi Jinguji
- Music: Masahiro Tokuda
- Sound Director: Fumiyuki Goh
- Animation Production: NUT
- Presented by DECA-DENCE PROJECT