New key visual, new trailer, and Japanese broadcast schedule revealed for fantasy light novel adaptation
Good news for fans of fantasy light novel adaptations: originally scheduled to be released in April of 2020 but postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, The Misfit of Demon King Academy, an adaptation based on the series of fantasy light novels written by Shu and illustrated by Yoshinori Shizuma about a reincarnated Demon King who stands out in the peace-loving world of his descendants, is back on track with a new key visual, a new trailer, and a new Japanese release schedule.
The original The Misfit of Demon King Academy novels are published in Japan by ASCII Media Works (a division of KADOKAWA) under their Dengeki Bunko imprint. The story follows Anos Voldigoad, an overwhelmingly powerful Demon King who reincarnates after an absence of 2000 years, only to discover that the world has grown accustomed to peace and that many of his dark magic skills have decayed. When Anos enrolls at the academy designed to test candidates for the position of Demon King, his powers can't be properly measured, and he's labeled 'inept'. With the help of his only friend and fellow classmate Misha, Anos sets out to surpass his own descendants and reclaim his title.
The Misfit of Demon King Academy is directed by Shin Onuma and Tamura Masafumi and features animation production by SILVER LINK.. The series is scheduled to broadcast in Japan as follows:
- TOKYO MX: every Saturday during the 23:30 time slot beginning on July 04, 2020.
- Tochigi TV: every Saturday during the 23:30 time slot beginning on July 04, 2020.
- Gunma Television: every Saturday during the 23:30 time slot beginning on July 04, 2020.
- BS11: every Saturday during the 23:30 time slot beginning on July 04, 2020.
- TV Aichi: every Sunday during the 26:05 time slot beginning on July 05, 2020.
- Yomiuri Telecasting Corporation: every Monday during the 25:59 time slot beginning on July 06, 2020.
- AT-X: every Saturday during the 23:30 time slot beginning on July 04, 2020.
Please note that some Japanese TV schedules count early-morning programming as late-night programming of the previous day, so for example the 26:05 time slot on Sunday evening is actually at 2:00am JST on Monday morning.
Copyright notice: ©2019 Shu / KADOKAWA / Demon King Academy
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.