Adaptation based on time-slip crime drama by Ken Wakui hits Japanese TV in April of 2021
Five new cast members, the ED theme song performer, and the Japanese TV schedule have all been revealed for Tokyo Revengers, an upcoming TV anime based on the time-slip crime drama manga by Ken Wakui about a directionless young man who accidentally travels back to the past to save his middle-school girlfriend from being murdered by a delinquent gang. The new cast members include:
Takuma Terashima as Atsushi Sendo.
Satoshi Hino as Masataka Kiyomasa.
Yūya Hirose as Takuya Yamamoto.
Shunsuke Takeuchi as Makoto Suzuki.
And Shōta Hayama as Kazushi Yamagishi.
The ending theme for Tokyo Revengers, entitled "Koko de Iki o shite" ("Take a Breath Here"), is performed by eill.
The original Tokyo Revengers manga is serialized in Japan in Kodansha's Weekly Shonen Magazine, and an English language version is also available from Kodansha Comics, who describe the story of the series as follows:
Watching the news, Takemichi Hanagaki learns that his girlfriend from way back in middle school, Hinata Tachibana, has died. The only girlfriend he ever had was just killed by a villainous group known as the Tokyo Manji Gang. He lives in a crappy apartment with thin walls, and his six-years-younger boss treats him like an idiot. Plus, he’s a complete and total virgin … At the height of his rock-bottom life, he suddenly time-leaps twelve years back to his middle school days!! To save Hinata, and change the life he spent running away, hopeless part-timer Takemichi must aim for the top of Kanto’s most sinister delinquent gang!!
The Tokyo Revengers TV anime is directed by Kouichi Hatsumi and features animation production by Liden Films. The series is will broadcast in Japan according to the following TV schedule:
- Mainichi Broadcasting System: every Saturday during the 26:08 time slot beginning on April 10, 2021.
- TV Tokyo: every Sunday during the 25:35 time slot beginning on April 11, 2021.
- TV Aichi: every Sunday during the 25:35 time slot beginning on April 11, 2021.
- TV Hokkaido: every Sunday during the 25:35 time slot beginning on April 11, 2021.
- TVQ Kyushu Broadcasting: every Sunday during the 26:35 time slot beginning on April 11, 2021.
- Asashi Satellite Broadcasting Limited: every Sunday during the 23:00 time slot beginning on April 18, 2021.
- AT-X: every Monday during the 21:30 time slot beginning on April 12, 2021.
- San-in Chūō Television Broadcasting: every Wednesday during the 25:25 time slot beginning on April 14, 2021.
- Ryukyu Asahi Broadcasting: every Thursday during the 26:15 time slot beginning on April 15, 2021.
- RKK Kumamoto Broadcasting Co.,Ltd.: every Friday during the 26:55 time slot beginning on April 23, 2021.
Please note that some Japanese broadcast schedules count early-morning programming as late-night programming of the previous day, so for example the 25:35 time slot on Sunday evening is actually on Monday morning at 1:35am JST.
Source: Comic Natalie
Copyright notice: © Ken Wakui・Kodansha / Anime "Tokyo Revengers" Production Committee
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.