Main cast, main staff, featured artists, and teaser visuals revealed for upcoming anime reboot
It's time to catch a heroic case of disco fever, because the main cast, the main staff, featured artists, and a new teaser visual have all been published for MUTEKING THE Dancing HERO, an upcoming TV anime reboot that brings Tatsunoko Production's 1980 - 1981 comedy series about a superhero who fights with the power of song and dance into the modern era.
The main staff for MUTEKING THE Dancing HERO includes:
- Original Story: Tatsunoko Production
- Original Character Design: Utomaru (THINKR)
- Executive Director: Hiroshi Sasagawa
- Chief Director: Ryosuke Takahashi
- Director: Yuzo Sato
- Assistant Director/Battle Scene Director: Masafumi Sato
- CGI Director: Yoshihiro Otobe
- Series Writer: Yuji Kondo
- Music: Takamitsu Shimazaki, Takashi Masuda
- Music Producer: Takamitsu Shimazaki
- Music Production: Victor Entertainment, Smile Company
- Sound Director: Takumi Ito
- Production: Tatsunoko Production, Tezuka Production
The main cast for MUTEKING THE Dancing HERO includes:
- Kentaro Mashiro as Muteki.
- Takuya Eguchi as DJ.
- Satoshi Hino as Ceo.
- Rie Takahashi as Aida.
- Madoka Yonezawa as Ann.
- Azusa Tadokoro as Naomi.
- Rikako Aikawa as Sarah.
- Kazuyuki Okitsu as Vivi.
- Keiga as Haru.
- Hayato Kimura as Summer.
- Minami Tanaka as Aki.
- Kotaro Nishiyama as Winter.
- KENN as Suteking.
- Yutaka Aoyama as Matt.
- Takashi Matsuyama as Tommy.
- Wataru Hatano as George.
- And Kenichi Suzumura as Owen.
MUTEKING THE Dancing HERO also features the musical talents of Takeshi Ueda (AA=) (track contribution), ORANGE RANGE, KALMA, SANABAGUN. (track contribution), Naz, Reol, Akiko Yano (lyrics/track contribution), and Rinne Yoshida.
Tatsunoko Production describes the story of MUTEKING THE Dancing HERO as follows:
MUTEKING is set in the free and cheerful coastal town of Neo San Francisco. The kind-hearted boy Muteki moves to Neo San Francisco and meets DJ, who claims to be a DJ, and finds himself thrust into the role of the dancing hero Muteking. To save the town from monsters who suddenly appear, Muteki and DJ fight with song and dance, but little do they know that behind these strange events, a true danger to humanity is approaching…
MUTEKING THE Dancing HERO is scheduled to begin broadcasting in Japan in the fall season of 2021.
Source: Official press release
Copyright notice: ©Tatsunoko Production/MUTEKING Production Committee
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.