Over 1,500 people voted on their anime earworms from the 1970s to the 1990s
While these days "Gurenge" and "One Last Kiss" have been stuck in anime fan's heads for the past year and a bit, this is nothing new. If you look to the past, there are some classic anime bops that will never just never leave your head once you hear a single bar of the tune, one of the best examples being the Dragon Ball Z opening theme song "CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA."
Japanese ranking site Goo Rankings polled 1,688 Japanese anime fans on what classic anime song they can't get out of their heads. The songs in question appeared in anime from the 1970s to the 1990s. As a note, Crunchyroll News had no bearing on the results, nor is affiliated with the rankings, we're just as interested in what fans think as you are! Here are the top 10 results:
10. "Theme to Lupin the Third" (Lupin the Third Part 1) - 36 votes
9. "Ojamajo Carnival!!" (Ojamajo Doremi) - 37 votes
8. " Yuki 100%" (Ninjaboy Rantaro) - 46 votes
7. "Butter-Fly" (Digimon Adventure) - 50 votes
6. "Touch" (Touch) - 52 votes
5. "Moonlight Densetsu" (Sailor Moon) - 61 votes
4. "Get Wild" (City Hunter) - 71 votes
3. "A Cruel Angel's Thesis" (Neon Genesis Evangelion) - 149 votes
2. "My Neighbor Totoro theme song" (My Neighbor Totoro) - 188 votes
1. "Space Battleship Yamato theme song" (Space Battleship Yamato) - 190 votes
The song starts at 2:22 if the above video doesn't automatically link to it
The previously mentioned "CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA" actually came just shy of the top 10 at 11th place with 35 votes, while other classic songs such as "We Are!" from One Piece at 13th, and "platinum" from Cardcaptor Sakura at 25th. You can enjoy the full rankings at the Goo Ranking website.
What classic anime song have you always got stuck in your head? Let us know down below!
Source: Goo Rankings
Header: © 1988 Studio Ghibli
Daryl Harding is a Japan Correspondent for Crunchyroll News. He also runs a YouTube channel about Japan stuff called TheDoctorDazza, tweets at @DoctorDazza, and posts photos of his travels on Instagram.