Japanese broadcast schedule revealed for upcoming adaptation of steampunk supernatural manga by Jun Mochizuki
Life in Paris is a bit of a cat-astrophe in a new teaser trailer for The Case Study of Vanitas (known in Japan as Vanitas no Karute), an upcoming TV anime based on the steampunk supernatural manga by Jun Mochizuki that features a young vampire and a mysterious man who claims he can cure vampirism teaming up in 19th century France.
The teaser trailer (below) introduces Murr, a fluffy white cat with heterochromatic eyes that accompanies Noé in his travels.
The original The Case Study of Vanitas manga is serialized in Japan in Square Enix's Monthly Gangan Joker manga magazine, and an English language version is published in the United States by Yen Press, who describe the story of the series as follows:
Rumors revolving around The Book of Vanitas, a clockwork grimoire of dubious reputation, draw Noé, a young vampire in search of a friend's salvation, to Paris. What awaits him in the City of Flowers, however, is not long hours treading the pavement or rifling through dusty bookshops in search of the tome. Instead, his quarry comes to him...in the arms of a man claiming to be a vampire doctor! Thrust into a conflict that threatens the peace between humans and vampires, will Noé cast in his lot with the curious and slightly unbalanced Vanitas and his quest to save vampirekind?
The Case Study of Vanitas is directed by Tomoyuki Itamura and features animation production by BONES. The series will broadcast in Japan according to the following TV schedule:
- TOKYO MX: every Friday during the 24:00 time slot beginning on July 02, 2021.
- Tochigi TV: every Friday during the 24:00 time slot beginning on July 02, 2021.
- Gunma Television: every Friday during the 24:00 time slot beginning on July 02, 2021.
- BS11: every Friday during the 24:00 time slot beginning on July 02, 2021.
- Mainichi Broadcasting System: every Saturday during the 26:38 time slot beginning on July 03, 2021.
- CBC TV: every Wednesday during the 26:35 time slot beginning on July 07, 2021.
- Hokkaido Broadcasting: every Thursday during the 25:58 time slot beginning on July 08, 2021.
- RKB Mainichi Broadcasting: every Thursday during the 27:00 time slot beginning on July 08, 2021.
Please note that some Japanese TV schedules count early-morning programming as late-night programming of the previous day, so for example the 27:00 time slot on Thursday evening is actually on Friday morning at 3:00am JST.
Source: Official The Case Study of Vanitas TV anime Twitter feed (@vanitas_anime)
Copyright notice: © Jun Mochizuki / SQUARE ENIX・"The Case Study of Vanitas" Production Committee
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.