Resident Evil, Villainess, and Slime season 2 rank high!
The summer 2021 anime season is in full swing with new TV anime series premiering every day, and while we all have our shows we are looking forward to (personally, I can’t wait for Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S!), Japanese film/TV user ranking site Filmarks have cataloged the top 20 anime series Japanese fans are looking forward to watching based on user data.
Just a note that Crunchyroll had has no say over these rankings, these are the thoughts of Japanese fans from a Japanese website. We’re just as interested in what others are watching as you are!
- 10. The Case Study of Vanitas
- 9. The Duke of Death and His Maid
- 8. Aquatope of White Sand
- 7. Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S (Season 2)
- 6. Sonny Boy
- 5. My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! X (Season 2)
- 4. Higurashi: When They Cry – Sotsu
- 3. Life Lessons with Uramichi Oniisan
- 2. Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness
- 1. That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 2 Part 2
Rounding out the top 20 was Girlfriend, Girlfriend at 15th place, The Irregular at Magic School School spin-off The Honor at Magic High School at 16th, and the Disney+ Monsters Inc new series Monsters Work at 20th. You can see the full list at Anime! Anime!
What Summer 2021 anime are you excited to be watching this season? Let us know down in the comments below!
Source: Anime! Anime!
Daryl Harding is a Japan Correspondent for Crunchyroll News. He also runs a YouTube channel about Japan stuff called TheDoctorDazza, tweets at @DoctorDazza, and posts photos of his travels on Instagram.