Sony Pictures and Toei Animation helm adaptation based on Saint Seiya manga by Masami Kurumada
Image via Netflix.
Previously announced way back in 2017, Knights of the Zodiac, a live-action film based on the Saint Seiya shonen action manga by Masami Kurumada about warriors who use legendary armor to protect a goddess, has finally wrapped principal photography and revealed the key members of its cast and staff, including:
- Original work: Masami Kurumada
- Director: Tomasz Baginski (The Witcher)
- Production: Toei Animation, Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions
- Screenplay: Josh Campbell, Matt Stuecken (10 Cloverfield Lane)
- Stunt coordinator, fight coordinator: Andy Cheng (Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings)
The cast of the live-action Knights of the Zodiac film includes:
- Mackenyu as Seiya
- Madison Iseman as Sienna.
- Sean Bean as Alman Kiddo.
The film also stars Famke Janssen, Nick Stahl, Diego Tinoco, and Mark Dacascos. Netflix currently streams the 1986 - 1989 Saint Seiya / Knights of the Zodiac TV anime, and describes the story of the series as follows:
A band of young warriors in magical armor vow to defend the reincarnation of Greek goddess Athena against evil forces and to return her to the throne.
The release date for the Knights of the Zodiac live-action film has not yet been revealed. Toei Animation will distribute the film in Japan, while Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions will distribute the film in other world markets except China and the Middle East.
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.