Main cast and staff revealed for ongoing short form horror series with a Showa Era aesthetic
Horror never truly dies, and now Theatre of Darkness: Yamishibai is returning to TV Tokyo in January of 2022 with a tenth season of spine-tingling tales. The main staff has been revealed for Season 10, including:
- General directors: Akira Funada, Ken-ichi Sugimoto
- Episode directors: Kouichi Hirata, Naoya Miyasou, Yosuke Inoue, Megumi Yokoyama
- Screenplay: Hiromu Kumamoto, Mitsuhi Sasagi, Kanako Ishigami
- Animators: Rin Kaname, jimmy, Koichi Sugaya, Syu Watanabe, Momoka Higure, Fuugetsu
- Planning: Norio Yamakawa (TV Tokyo), Takuya Iwasaki (ILCA)
- Producer: Satoshi Umetsu (TV Tokyo), Akira Funada
- Production cooperation: yell, DRAWIZ
- Production: ILCA
- Copyright: "Yamishibai" Production Committee
The tenth season of Theatre of Darkness: Yamishibai will also feature the voice talents of Kanji Tsuda, Tsubasa Kizu, Taiga Fukazawa, Ryo Shinoda, Keisuke Sonoyama, Masaki Sawai, Ponzu, Toshiko Sawada, Issei Futamata, Reiko Mori, Sayaka Senbogi, Risae Matsuda, Nana Yamasaki, Nene Naninu, and Aoi Mizushina. The ending theme, entitled "Kudaraneena", is performed by Wasureranneyo.
Crunchyroll currently streams the 9 previous seasons of Theatre of Darkness: Yamishibai and describes the series as follows:
Yamishibai is a picture-story style of animation whose motif is surrounded and based off the rumors, and urban legends throughout the history of Japan.
Source: Comic Natalie
Copyright notice: © "Yamishibai" Production Committee 2021
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.