The stage play adaptation is also slated for the fall 2022
11 months after the initial announcement back in January, a teaser visual and an 80-second teaser PV for the TV anime adpatation of Yuji Kaku's ninja action fantasy manga Hell's Paradise: Jigokuraku were finally revealed at the stage of Jump Festa 2022 today. No word yet on broadcast date or voice actors.
The TV anime's main staff were announced as below:
- Director: Kaori Makita (Twittering Birds Never Fly – The Clouds Gather)
- Series Composition: Kazuaki Kaneda
- Character Design: Akitsugu Hisaki (Twittering Birds Never Fly – The Clouds Gather main animator)
- Music: Yoshiaki Dewa (The Idaten Deities Know Only Peace)
- Production: MAPPA (JUJUTSU KAISEN)
- Planning: Twin Engine
- Original Story Cooperation: Shonen Jump + Editorial Department
In addition, the manga's stage play adaptation is set to be performed in the fall of 2022.
As the author's second serialization work following FANTASMA in 2013-2014, the manga was serialized on Shueisha's manga app Jump+ since January 2018 and its final 127th chapter was posted on January 25, 2021. A total of 13 tankobon volumes were published in Japan, and its English edition's publisher VIZ Media describes its story as below:
Gabimaru the Hollow is one of the most vicious ninja assassins ever to come out of the village of Iwagakure. He's ruthlessly efficient, but a betrayal results in him being handed a death sentence. There is only one hope: travel to a long-hidden island and recover an elixir that will make the shogun immortal and he will regain his freedom. Failure is not an option—on this island, Heaven and Hell are a hair’s breadth away.
©Yuji Kaku/ SHUEISHA