Adaptation based on Masamune Shirow's classic cyberpunk manga has also performed in Fukuoka and Hokkaido
VR Noh Ghost in the Shell, a stage play that combines traditional Noh theater with a cyberpunk aesthetic inspired by Masamune Shirow's classic manga Ghost in the Shell, is returning to Tokyo for a pair of performances in April of 2022. The main cast and staff for the production include:
- Original Work: Ghost in the Shell by Masamune Shirow (published by Kodansha under their KC Deluxe label)
- Starring: Takanobu Sakaguchi, Kohei Kawaguchi, Kengo Tanimoto, Saburota Kanze
- Special navigator: Hiro Shimono
- Director: Shutaro Oku
- Script: Junichi Fujisaki
- 3D technology: Professor Kentaro Fukuchi (Meiji University)
- VR technology: Professor Masahiko Inami (Tokyo University)
- Producer: Yuka Jimbo
- Production: VR Noh Ghost in the Shell Production Committee
Debuting in August of 2020, the VR Noh Ghost in the Shell stage play has previously been performed at the Setagaya Public Theater venue in Tokyo, at the Hakataza Theater venue in Fukuoaka, and at the Sapporo Cultural Arts Theater venue in Hokkaido. The play has also previously been performed at the Tokyo Metropolitan Theater Playhouse venue in Tokyo in November of 2020 and in July of 2021.
The VR Noh Ghost in the Shell stage play will be staged at the Tokyo Metropolitan Theater Playhouse venue in Tokyo for two performances (an afternoon show at 12:30pm JST and an evening show at 4:30pm JST) on April 30, 2022. Advance tickets to the performances are currently available via ePlus, while general admission tickets will be sold beginning on March 26, 2022.
Source: Comic Natalie
Copyright notice: © Masamune Shirow・Kodansha / VR Noh Ghost in the Shell Production Committee
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.