Full cast, staff, key visual and opening theme revealed
Japanese animation studio TMS has announced further details on its latest original anime project in High Card, a new TV anime combining high-stakes gambling with supernatural elements that will debut in January 2023 and the studio describes the series:
After discovering that his orphanage was on the brink of closing due to financial stress, Finn, who was living freely on the streets, set out for a casino with the aim of making a fortune. However, nothing could have prepared Finn for the nightmare that was awaiting him.
Once there, Finn encountered a car chase and bloody shootout caused by a man’s “lucky” card. Finn will eventually learn what the shootout was about. The world order can be controlled by a set of 52 X-Playing cards with the power to bestow different superhuman powers and abilities to the ones that possess them. With these cards, people can access the hidden power of the “buddy” that can be found within themselves.
There is a secret group of players called High Card, who have been directly ordered by the king of Fourland to collect the cards that have been scattered throughout the kingdom, while moonlighting as employees of the long-established car maker Pinochle. Scouted to become the group’s fifth member, Finn soon joins the players on a dangerous mission to find these cards. "All you need in life are manners, dignity, and the will to bet on your own life."
However, Who’s Who, the rival car maker obsessed with defeating Pinochle, and the Klondikes, the infamous Mafia family, stand in the way of the gang. A frenzied battle amongst these card obsessed players, fueled by justice, desire, and revenge, is about to begin! Are you ready? It’s Showdown!!
A new teaser has also been released previewing the opening theme “Trickster” by FIVE NEW OLD around new action scenes featuring the characters and is embedded below:
The full cast and staff is listed below:
- Finn Oldman: Gen Sato
- Chris Redgrave: Toshiki Masuda
- Leo Constantine Pinochle: Shun Horie
- Wendy Sato: Haruka Shiraishi
- Vijay Kumar Singh: Yuichiro Umehara
- Bernard Symons: Kazuhiro Yamaji
- Theodore Constantine Pinochle: Daisuke Ono
- Original work: TMS, Homura Kawamoto, Hikaru Muno
- Director: Junichi Wada
- Series Composition：Naoki Kuroyanagi
- Screenplay: Kenichi Yamashita, Kazuhiko Inukai, Shingo Nagai
- Character draft: Ebimo
- Character design: Nozomi Kawano
- Chief Animation Supervisor：Nozomi Kawano, Haruna Nagata
- Action animation director / key animator: Shunpei Mochizuki, Junichi Hayama
- Effect animation director: Takashi Hashimoto
- Color design: Yumi Nanmoku
- Art Director: Minoru Onishi, Akira Suzuki
- Cinematographer: Tomoyuki Kunii
- CG Director: Masafumi Uchiyama
- Editor: Rie Ito
- Card design: BALCOLONY.
- Concept art: reoenl (FLAT STUDIO)
- Sound Director: Shoji Hata
- Sound Effects: Hiromune Kurahashi
- Music: Ryo Takahashi
- Opening song: FIVE NEW OLD “Trickster”（Warner Music Japan）
- Animation production: STUDIO HIBARI CO., LTD.
- Produced by: TMS ENTERTAINMENT CO., LTD.
SOURCE: TMS Anime (English)
© TMS/HIGH CARD Project