The latest from the creator of Akame ga Kill! is in the works at Seven Arcs
The latest anime based on work from the creator of Akame ga Kill! is on the way with the upcoming adaptation of Takahiro and Yohei Takemura's Chained Soldier manga. The series is officially set to kick off its broadcast in 2023, and the key staff has been revealed along with some character art for the leads.
- General Director: Junji Nishimura (Dog Days)
- Director: Goro Kuji (episodes of The Lost Village, Bungo and Alchemist -Gears of Judgment-)
- Series Composition: Yasuhiro Nakanishi (KAGUYA-SAMA: LOVE IS WAR)
- Scripts: Ryota Kano, Akira Kendaichi
- Character Design: Hiroyuki Yoshii (Tawawa on Monday)
- Color Design: Kaoru Nishimura
- Animation Production: Seven Arcs (TONIKAWA: Over the Moon for You)
Here's a look at the anime designs for the leads, Yuki Wakura and Kyoka Uzen:
Previously revealed cast members include:
- Akari Kito (Nezuko in Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba) as Kyoka Uzen
- Yuya Hirose (Takuma in Val x Love) as Yuki Wakura
- Mari Hino (Dominic in The Promised Neverland) as Shushu Suruga
- Yume Miyamoto (Haru in SING "YESTERDAY" FOR ME) as Himari Azuma
- Hina Tachibana (Maina in If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die) as Nei Okawamura
Based on the manga by Takahiro and Yohei Takemura, Chained Soldier is being produced at studio Seven Arcs (TONIKAWA: Over The Moon For You). Additional details, such as main staff and release date, are yet to be announced.
Yen Press, who is releasing the manga's first volume in English on June 21, describes the series as:
Otherworldly spaces known as "demon cities" appeared in various parts of Japan, and those who partook in the “peaches” growing there gained unique abilities-but only if they’re girls. One day, a down-in-the-dumps high school boy named Yuuki Wagura suddenly gets lost at the entrance of a demon city. There, he meets Kyoka Uzen, the beautiful leader of the seven programs of “Magical Defense Corps,” whoo orders him to become her slave?!
Source: Official Twitter