MAPPA to produce the upcoming anime adaptation of Tatsuki Fujimoto's manga
The first teaser trailer for the anime adaptation of Tatsuki Fujimoto’s Chainsaw Man was unveiled at the MAPPA 10th Anniversary stream today, announcing that the anime will be directed by Ryu Nakayama (JUJUTSU KAISEN Episode 19 Director, Action Animation Director on Sword Art Online the Movie: Ordinal Scale).
Additional staff was also announced:
- Chief Director: Makoto Nakazono (JUJUTSU KAISEN, SSSS.Gridman)
- Screenplay: Hiroshi Seko (Mob Psycho 100, JUJUTSU KAISEN)
- Character Design: Kazutaka Sugiyama (Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation)
- Action Director: Tatsuya Yoshihara (Black Clover, Yatterman Night)
- Music: Kensuke Ushio (A Silent Voice, Japan Sinks 2020)
The first part of Chainsaw Man finished in Weekly Shonen Jump on December 14 alongside an announcement of a second part that will be published on the digital Shonen Jump+ service. The English version was simulpubbed on Viz Media’s Shonen Jump app, which is also releasing physical volumes of the series. Viz describes the first volume as such:
Denji’s a poor young man who’ll do anything for money, even hunting down devils with his pet devil-dog Pochita. He’s a simple man with simple dreams, drowning under a mountain of debt. But his sad life gets turned upside down one day when he’s betrayed by someone he trusts. Now with the power of a devil inside him, Denji’s become a whole new man—Chainsaw Man!
SOURCE: Chainsaw Man official site
Kyle Cardine is a Managing Editor for Crunchyroll. You can find his Twitter here.