Hideo Kojima's latest hits consoles and PC worldwide on September 1
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain's September 1 worldwide release date is fast approaching, and reviews have been rolling in even faster. Many sites are giving Hideo Kojima's latest entry the highest of marks, and Japanese gaming mag Famitsu gave it a rare perfect score of 40/40 from its stable of reviewers. Get ready for action with the launch trailer below.
Konami also shared some details on the companion app:
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain will have a companion app similar to the successful app for Ground Zeroes.
- Like in Ground Zeroes the app can connect with the main game to show the in-game map as you play. Acting as a second screen map in the palm of your hand.
- Using the app to navigate allows the player to see the map at all times and see more of the map on the screen than in game
- The app also allows you to listen to all records / music that you obtain as you progress through the game.
- The companion app is only available for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and Xbox One and will be available for download on Sept. 1, 2015, in time for the game’s launch.