New TV series is based on humorous 2002 OAV spin-off of "The SoulTaker"
Tatsuko Production has announced that a new TV series entitled Magical Witch Komugi-chan R will be coming in January of 2016 to Nippon TV. The new series is based on the Magical Witch Komugi OAVs which were published from 2002 to 2005, which were themselves a humorous spin-off of the 2001 anime TV series The SoulTaker.
The main staff for the new series were also announced, including:
- Director: Keiichiro Kawakami
- Series Composition: Momoko Murakami
- Screenplay: Momoko Murakami, Kazuyuki Fudeyasu
- Original Character Design: Akio Watanabe
- Character Design: Takao Sano
- Chief Animation Director: Mina Ozawa, Keisuke Goto
- Sound Director: Yuichi Imaizumi
- Music: Kousuke Yamashita
- Animation Production: Tatsunoko Production
The cast announcements include:
Kei Tomoe as Komugi Yoshida.
Erii Yamazaki as Kokona Saionji.
And Makoto Koichi as Tsubasa Kisaragi. Haruko Momoi was also announced as the voice of Koharu Yoshia.
Nurse Witch Komugi-chan R is a parody of "magical girl" shows in which the energetic-yet-awkward protagonist, Komugi Yoshida, must try to balance her duties as a middle school student, idol singer, and Magical Nurse.
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.