Goo Ranking asked which anime girls are the most needlessly violent. We have the top ten results!
Fans love a cute anime girl, but sometimes they've got a lot of baggage. Or a bad personality. Or they constantly hit you with a 100-gigaton mallet.
Goo Ranking asked Japanese fans which anime girls are the most unreasonably violent. More than 4,000 fans voted in the poll, which ran from April 30-May 14. A lot of popular anime girls are on the list -- so apparently excessive violence isn't a deal-breaker after all.
Here are the top ten results!
9. Hana Midorikawa, Prison School (tie)
9. Kaori Makimura, City Hunter (tie)
7. Sakura Haruno, Naruto (tie)
7. Mahiru Inami, Wagnaria!! (tie)
6. Chitoge Kirisaki, Nisekoi
5. Asuka Shikinami Langley, Rebuild of Evangelion
4. Lum, Urusei Yatsura
3. Fumino Serizawa, Mayoi Neko Overrun!
2. Haruhi Suzumiya, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
1. Tae Shimura, Gintama
Farther down on the list you'll find Akane of Ranma 1/2, Lina Inverse, Winry Rockbell, and Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-chan.
What do you think of the results? Anyone the Japanese fans missed out or should have ranked higher? Tell us in the comments!
Source: Goo Ranking
Kara Dennison is responsible for multiple webcomics, blogs and runs interviews for (Re)Generation Who and PotterVerse, and is half the creative team behind the OEL light novel series Owl's Flower. She blogs at karadennison.com and tweets @RubyCosmos.