"Super Sound Theater" stage recital at the Maihama Ampitheater will feature live readings and music
Makoto Yukimura's historical drama manga Vinland Saga is being adapted into a "Super Sound Theater" stage recital that will feature music and vocal performances and that will run from September 30 - October 01, 2017, at the Maihama Ampitheater in Maihama, Urayasu City, Chiba Prefecture, Japan. Tickets to the recital cost 9000 yen ($80.79 US).
The staff for the Super Sound Theater: Vinland Saga ~ Hero Revival Chapter ~ stage recital includes:
- Original work: Makoto Yukimura (serialized in Kodansha's Monthly Afternoon seinen manga magazine)
- Script: Atsuhiro Tomioka
- Director: TEAM SOUND THEATER / Atsuhiro Tomioka
- Music director: Yusaku Tsuchiya
- Readings: Yoshitsugu Matsuoka, Satoshi Hino, Kazuhiro Yamaji, Kenyu Horiuchi, Kouhei Amasaki, Eizou Tsuda, Hiroki Takahashi, Daiki Hamano
- Instruments: Kana (Multi Flute), Takayuki Manabe (Guitar), Kotaro Saito (Cello), Megu Hattorii (Percussion), Yusaku Tsuchiya (Violin / Manipulator)
- Sponsor: Sound Theater Executive Office
- Production: Ahaba Creative Party
An English language version of Vinland Saga is published by Kodansha Comics, who describe the story as follows:
As a child, Thorfinn sat at the feet of the great Leif Ericson and thrilled to wild tales of a land far to the west. But his youthful fantasies were shattered by a mercenary raid. Raised by the Vikings who murdered his family, Thorfinn became a terrifying warrior, forever seeking to kill the band’s leader, Askeladd, and avenge his father. Sustaining Thorfinn through his ordeal are his pride in his family and his dreams of a fertile westward land, a land without war or slavery … the land Leif called Vinland.
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.