Remastered PC version will follow later
Back in June, GungHo Online Entertainment announced plans to bring two classic Grandia games to Switch in the form of the Grandia HD Collection, as well as individual HD remastered releases of Grandia and Grandia II on PC. Now the former has been dated, with the Switch RPG collection to launch on August 16.
The PC re-releases will follow at a later date.
More on the release from GungHo:
The classic RPGs have been updated to bring enhanced visuals, handheld support on Nintendo Switch, and gamepad and keyboard support on Steam. Players will be getting their hands on two games that changed the landscape of RPGs forever, for the first time in beautiful HD graphics.
- Real-time, turn-based action – Experience and employ a unique action bar system for real-time fighting with distinct characters.
- Magic-based combat – Gather Mana Eggs to learn and use magic-based skills, ranging from elemental attacks to character-enhancing magic for defense and offense statistical boosts.
- Illustrious worlds to explore – The vibrant worlds in Grandia HD Collectioninclude nostalgic starter cities such as Parm (Grandia) and Carbo Village (Grandia II) to iconic fields and areas such as The End of the World (Grandia) and Valmar’s Moon (Grandia II).
- Gather Skill Points and ATTACK! – Skill Points or Skill Coins can be used to earn incredibly intense moves that make for an extraordinary fighting experience.
- Eclectic Enemy Encounters – The worlds of Grandia and Grandia II bring forth a plethora of challenging and epic enemies in the wild, as well as main storyline bosses.
- Ear-Indulging, Melodious Compositions – Experience world exploration, momentous battles, and legendary in-game experiences in beautiful harmony with musical compositions from acclaimed Japanese composer Noriyuki Iwadare.