Japanese broadcast schedule revealed for adaptation based on isekai fantasy manga from "KONOSUBA!" author
Head's up, pet lovers! The Japanese broadcast schedule has been revealed for Rise Up! Animal Road (known as Hataage! Kemonomichi in Japan), an upcoming TV anime based on the isekai fantasy comedy manga written by Natsume Akatsuki (KONOSUBA -God's blessing on this wonderful world!) and illustrated by Mosuke Mattaku and Yumeuta (Baka & Test) about a former pro-wrestler who becomes a fantasy pet shop proprietor when transported to another world.
The original Kemonomichi manga is serialized in Kadokawa's Monthly Shōnen Ace manga magazine. The story follows Genzo Shibata (aka Kemono Mask), a pet-loving pro-wrestler who is summoned to a magical world by Princess Artena. The princess charges Genzo with defeating the "demon beasts" that threaten her realm, but Genzo can't stand the thought of harming any animals, so he hits Artena with a German Suplex, flees, and plans to spend his days peacefully running a monster-themed pet shop instead of adventuring.
The Rise Up! Animal Road TV anime tells an original story including Genzo's match with his greatest rival, MAO (aka "Macadamian Ogre"), as well as his first six months as a newly transplanted resident of the magical world.
Rise Up! Animal Road is directed by Kazuya Miura and features animation production by ENGI. The series will broadcast in Japan according to the following TV schedule:
- AT-X: every Wednesday during the 22:00 time slot beginning on October 02, 2019, with repeat broadcasts on Fridays at 14:00, Sundays at 25:30, and Tuesdays at 6:00.
- Tokyo MX: every Wednesday during the 25:05 time slot beginning on October 02, 2019.
- TV Aichi: every Wednesday during the 26:35 time slot beginning on October 02, 2019.
- KBS Kyoto: every Wednesday during the 25:05 time slot beginning on October 02, 2019.
- Sun TV: every Wednesday during the 25:30 time slot beginning on October 02, 2019.
- BS11: every Wednesday during the 25:30 time slot beginning on October 02, 2019.
Please note that some Japanese TV schedules count early-morning programming as late-night programming of the previous day, so for example the 25:05 time slot on Wednesday evening is actually on Thursday morning at 1:05am JST.
Rise Up! Animal Road will also be digitally distributed in Japan on the AbemaTV! platform on Wednesdays during the 23:30 time slot beginning on October 02, 2019.
Official Rise Up! Anime Road TV anime home page
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.