Polygon Pictures (Knights of Sidonia)-produced series will be streamed on Netflix worldwide
Netflix Japan announced the eight main voice cast for the forthcoming web anime adaptation of Haruhisa Nakata's mechanical martial arts manga Levius today, including 30-year-old Nobunaga Shimazaki (Baki Hanma in Baki) as the title character Levius, who fights in the battles using his artificial right arm.
The web anime Levius is scheduled to be streamed on Netflix worldwide in the winter of 2019.
- Levius Cromwell: Nobunaga Shimazaki
- Zacks Cromwell (Levius' uncle): Junichi Suwabe
- Bill Weinberg (Mechanic for Levius' artificial arm): Takahiro Sakurai
- Natalia Garnet (who considers Levius as her rival): Ayane Sakura
- Malcom Eden (veteran fighter): Hochu Ohtsuka
- Hugo Stratus (elite fighter who is a son from a rich family): Daisuke Ono
- Mysterious girl (who stands beside Crown): Saori Hayami
- Dr.Crown (top executive of a military-industrial giant corporation): Mamoru Miyano
The manga was originally serialized in Shogakukan's Monthly IKKI from its February 2013 to November 2014 issues. After the magazine ceased publication, it has moved to Shueisha's Ultra Jump with a new title Levius/est since its May 2015 issue. Three tankobon volumes were published from Shogakukan, then five volumes have been released by Shueisha.
Synopsis (from Simon & Schuster's English edition):
As society rises from the ashes of war, cybernetically augmented arena fighters battle for fame and fortune…or die trying. It’s the 19th century, and the world has entered the Era of Rebirth, recovering from the devastating flames of war. The sport of mechanical martial arts has galvanized the nations. Cybernetically augmented fighters turn their blood into steam and their bodies into brutal fighting—and killing—machines. Young Levius is one of those arena battlers, hell-bent on winning in order to simply survive.
TV anime teaser PV
- General director: Hiroyuki Seshita (Knights of Sidonia, GODZILLA trilogy)
- Director: Keisuke Ide (Ajin episode director)
- Series composition: Hiroshi Seko (Ajin, BANANA FISH)
- Screenplay: Kenta Inohara, Hiroshi Seko
- Production design: Naoya Tanaka, Ferdinando Patulli
- Character design: Yuuki Moriyama (Ajin, GODZILLA)
- Director of photography: Mitsunori Kataama
- CG supervisor: Kenji Iwata
- Art director: Yuuki Hatayama
- Color design: Hirona Noji
- Sound director: Miwa Iwanami
- Music: Yugo Kanno (PSYCHO-PASS, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
- Anime production: Polygon Pictures
- Production: Polygon Pictures
(c)Haruhisa Nakata/Shueisha, Polygon Pictures