Campaign launched on Friday and currently sits at roughly $115,000
Disclosure: The author of this article personally contributed to this Kickstarter project.
Another successful Kickstarter campaign is underway for Animeigo, this time with the goal of funding the definitive Blu-ray release of classic anime OVA Metal Skin Panic: MADOX-01. Originally released back in 1987—marking the directorial debut of Shinji Aramaki (Appleseed, Megazone 23 Part III) and the first title Animeigo put out over 30 years ago—the OVA managed to hit its crowdfunding goal in an amazing 42 minutes.
Animeigo's Robert Woodhead tweeted about the accomplishment on Friday night, adding that this accomplishment managed to beat Animeigo's previous record-holder, Riding Bean, which cleared its goal in 50 minutes. The Metal Skin Panic Kickstarter now sits at over $115,000, with 1,332 backers supporting the project and 28 days remaining.
Here's the pitch:
And an overview of the planned Blu-ray contents:
- A new HD transfer of MADOX-01, created especially for this edition, in both the original 4:3 presentation (pillarbox) and a 16:9 version approved by Director Aramaki.
- The original SD "Weapons of MADOX-01" featurette, that describes the real-life weapons systems featured in the show.
- English subtitles, both our regular colored subtitles, colored SDH subtitles, and SDH captions.
- Our English dub, with SDH captions.
- Color and Line art galleries.
- All the bonus features included on the 2003 DVD release, including a commentary track, two interviews (one of which is mostly Robert embarrassing himself), the original Japanese documentary, and an Easter Egg IMDB describes as a "disturbing behind the scenes look at AnimEigo."
- List of all Kickstarter backers on the disc.
- 6-panel printed insert containing a poster on one side and a list of backers on the other.
- Easter Eggs and other hidden content. Or maybe not. It'll be up to you to find out.
- As with all our Blu-rays, the disc will not be region-locked.