TV anime based on "food fantasy" light novel series heads to Tokyo MX, BS Fuji, and other stations in April of 2018
The official home page for "food fantasy" TV anime Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi ("Making a Living at an Inn in the Afterlife") has updated with a bounty of new information, including new cast additions, the main staff list, and a new key visual (above). The main staff for Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi includes:
- Original work: the Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi series, written by Midori Yuuma, illustrated by Laruha, published by Fujimi Shobo (a division of Kadokawa) under their Fujimi L Bunko label.
- Director: Yoshiko Okuda
- Series composition: Tomoko Konparu
- Character design: Youko Satou
- Music: Takuro Iga
- Music production: Flying Dog
- Animation production: GONZO
The new cast members announced include:
- Yuma Uchida as Akatsuki.
- Ai Kakuma as Oryo.
- And Atsushi Tamaru as Hyakuya.
In Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi, Aoi is a college student who possesses the ability to see spirits. One day she is whisked away to the underworld by a demon-god who is also the proprietor of an otherworldly inn known as the "Tenjin-ya". The demon-god claims that Aoi must marry him in order to pay off her grandfather's substantial debt, but instead Aoi agrees to work as a cook at the Tenjin-ya in order to earn enough to return to the land of the living.
Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi will broadcast on Tokyo MX, BS Fuji, and other stations beginning in April of 2018.
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.