Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day Gets Stage Play Adaptation in February 2022
Franchise celebrated 10th anniversary in 2021
A stage play adaptation for Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day has been officially announced, with the staff and cast revealed. The stage play is slated for a week of performances starting on February 2nd and ending on February 6th, 2022 to be held at the Owlspot performance venue in Tokyo. Tickets will go on presale starting on December 18th in Japan.
The cast and staff have also been announced and are listed below:
- Jinta "Jintan" Yadomi - Yuki Torigoe
- Meiko "Menma" Honma - Miori Ichikawa
- Naruko "Anaru" Anjo - Nashiko Momotsuki
- Atsumu "Yukiatsu" Matsuyuki - Tomohisa Sako
- Chiriko "Tsuruko" Tsurumi - Rio Tsubaki
- Tetsudo "Poppo" Hisakawa - Daiki Ise
- Touko Yadomi - Chisa Yokoyama
- Atsushi Yadomi - Kenichi Kobayashi
- Satoshi Honma - Iori Kotsuji
- Irene Honma - Kaori Asoh
- Manabu Honma - Ryunosuke Kawai
- Director: Masanari Ujikawa
- Screenplay: Masafumi Hata
- Music: Tomohisa Sako (Shonen T)
- Lyrics: Keiko Ueno
- Art: Takana Hajiri
- Lighting: Masafumi Matsumoto
- Sound: Izumi Koda
- Costume Design: Takeshi Kimura
- Hair/Make-up: Keiko Yokoyama
- Assistant Director: Mie Yamaguchi
- Stage Director: Fumiyuki Sakuraoka
- Production: S-SIZE, Advertising Art Co., Ltd .: Alice Co., Ltd.
- Producer: Yoshiro Kataoka, Seiya Keicho
The original anime adaptation premiered in 2011 as a part of the notaminA block and was licensed by Aniplex USA. The series was streamed by Crunchyroll as it aired, with an English dub also made available. The series is described below:
Jinta Yadomi and his group of childhood friends have become estranged after a tragic accident split them apart. Now in their high school years, a sudden surprise forces each of them to confront their guilt over what happened that day and come to terms with the ghosts of their past.
SOURCE: Comic Natalie, Official Site
©ANOHANA PROJECT ©舞台「あの花」製作委員会
Disclosure: Crunchyroll is part of Funimation Global Group, a joint venture between Sony Pictures Entertainment and Aniplex.