First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply You are a person of value
1387 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 9/11/17 , edited 9/12/17

GrandMasterTime wrote:


Werning wrote:

Value is a human concept; it does not objectively exist outside of human consciousness because all concepts are fundamentally limited to our own perceptions.

:^)



I disagree on the basis of religion. Also you could also assert that value isn't necessarily a human concept as other creatures of 'intelligence' exist but I will not argue with you on this matter as it is presuppositions that are preventing us from agreeing.


We're both correct (and also incorrect), according to my philosophy. There's no need to 'argue', or even agree.
28261 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Kaguya's Panties
Offline
Posted 9/11/17 , edited 9/12/17
I disagree.
1328 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/11/17 , edited 9/12/17
thanks for that
15214 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / Texas
Offline
Posted 9/11/17 , edited 9/12/17

sky-god_of_poutine wrote:

Hi everyone, longtime lurker here.

What I'd like to say is simply this:

You are a person of value.

If there were one claim that all of my intuition and experience, however limited, have led me to, that would be it. There lies within you a unique, indescribable worth that can never be taken away. It doesn't matter if you're having a bad day, or if you don't have the job or living circumstances that you want, or if other people sometimes make fun of you for liking anime. The inherent goodness and beauty that lie at the very core of you will always be there. If it weren't for your existence, the universe would be missing something essential.

None of this is to suggest that anyone is perfect. Even if you're not perfect, you can still be a person of immeasurable worth, and you can still like yourself. I definitely still like you! And even if I didn't like you, that would have no bearing on your incomparable value as a person.

I know that these words might not seem to mean much, coming from a mere internet stranger, but I really do believe them. And I hope that you may believe in yourself.


I totally, 100% agree. Thanks for the reminder.
16075 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / AH / Helipad
Offline
Posted 9/11/17 , edited 9/12/17

Cardamom_Ginger wrote:

Yes, my organs are of value on the black market, thanks.


^^^
Posted 9/11/17 , edited 9/12/17
Nah, I'm really not.
15300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Wherever
Offline
Posted 9/12/17 , edited 9/12/17
Stroke my ego more
AnoreZ 
382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / San Antonio - TX
Offline
Posted 9/12/17 , edited 9/12/17
Check out Rena Sages Halloween Special ASMR if you want. Its not really asmr imo its just her telling you about how loved you are and how great you are and you've always been great since even before you were born you just dont realize it. She does it in a mesmerizing way too so its real coool.
33524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 9/12/17 , edited 9/12/17
Yes you're of nutritional value to maggots and buzzards feeding on your dead body.
1303 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 9/12/17 , edited 9/12/17
While I respect and thank you for your opinion please know that your wrong.
Posted 9/12/17 , edited 9/12/17
Yay.
54 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 9/13/17 , edited 9/13/17
Thanks, everyone, for sharing your thoughts.

I see that quite a few are skeptical that they're of value. And, for those who are, perhaps you're right to be skeptical. Certainly your worth as a person is not something I can prove to you. I will briefly say, though, why I nevertheless feel very strongly that you are a person of value.

I know that it can be easy to doubt your value--especially when you reflect on the ways in which your actions have hurt others, or have disappointed yourself, or have fallen tragically short of what they could have been. And in those moments of disappointment with yourself, it can seem only natural to think that you must have acted badly because that's your nature; it's simply "who you are." Ask yourself, however, what if your acting badly wasn't a reflection of your nature, but a reflection of the distortion and denial of your nature?

This, I believe, is the picture that is revealed to us from psychology. We come into this world with dispositions that are largely constructive--dispositions to share, to play, to laugh, to be creative, to become independent, to give freely, to grow ourselves and to help others grow in turn. Yet for all too many of us, this constructive spirit is beaten down--whether by the rigidity of schooling, the harshness of organized religion, the hurt of broken families, or myriad other destructive forces. And so we lose much of that spark, carrying on as a warped shadow of the person we would have grown into, were our nature allowed to grow in fullness and freedom. Yet even for the most damaged among us, that spark is still always there, trying to tell us that a better way is possible.

Consider those moments of your life when you've felt most truly yourself, when you've felt freest to be yourself, when you've felt most alive. If you're anything like me, such moments have also been your most noble--moments of connecting with others, of helping and giving, of growing as a person. It's this kind of goodness that I think we find when we look most closely at who we are.

Insofar as you're falling short of what you could be, it's not because you need to become something other than the person you now are; rather, it's because you need to become more truly the person you now are.
12383 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Birmingham, UK
Offline
Posted 9/13/17 , edited 9/13/17
My organs are valuable, my opinion is not, even if it's a good opinion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJX4ytfqw6k
55391 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / M
Offline
Posted 9/13/17 , edited 9/13/17

Ejanss wrote:


sky-god_of_poutine wrote:

Hi everyone, longtime lurker here.

What I'd like to say is simply this:

You are a person of value. ]


Yeah, Rujikin showed me I'm worth 60 camels!


Hello old friend! -smirks- Guess how many Camels I'm worth? YES YES I'm worth 1 zillions Camels! Why? Because...-look down below at the picture-

2557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20
Offline
Posted 9/14/17 , edited 9/15/17


you're so kind. from me to you, I appreciate you and also think you matter.

First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.