First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply donkey owner has to pay 7k to car owner because it chewed the carrot colored car
21982 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 9/30/17 , edited 9/30/17

runec wrote:


redokami wrote:
and im just trying to imagine how much damage it actually caused, how strong are donkeys teeth?


A) Very strong.
B) Cars like that are built from pricey light weight materials like carbon fiber. Minor damage would cost a fortune and the body on a car like that is pretty easy to damage. Even a minor fender bender can leave surprising amounts of damage.

This is the same kind of car as is in your article. After hitting a sedan.







Supercars tend to lose any and all encounters with other vehicles, signposts, trees and ditches.

And goats, it seems.


ITS..in half..what the fuck
totally destroyed while the other car is at least recognizable


is the driver alive?
7891 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / Pacific North West
Offline
Posted 9/30/17 , edited 9/30/17
the owner of the Mclaren IMO is an idiot and guilty of "Driving while stupid" How close was he to have a donkey able to reach his car? Why did he feel the need to park within what I can only assume is 1-2 feet of a building?

On a side note... I bet the repair company is laughing their butts off. How often do you get donkey damage in an auto repair shop
22647 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 9/30/17 , edited 9/30/17

redokami wrote:


runec wrote:


redokami wrote:
and im just trying to imagine how much damage it actually caused, how strong are donkeys teeth?


A) Very strong.
B) Cars like that are built from pricey light weight materials like carbon fiber. Minor damage would cost a fortune and the body on a car like that is pretty easy to damage. Even a minor fender bender can leave surprising amounts of damage.

This is the same kind of car as is in your article. After hitting a sedan.







Supercars tend to lose any and all encounters with other vehicles, signposts, trees and ditches.

And goats, it seems.


ITS..in half..what the fuck
totally destroyed while the other car is at least recognizable


is the driver alive?


So, car designs these days generally look a lot worse than they are. If you look at the "supercar" you'll see that while the front of it is obliterated, where the driver sits is fairly intact. This is all physics that have gone into modern car designs to help dissipate the energy from a crash. The name they generally use for this stuff is crumple zones. The other car shows signs of this as well, but because of design/material differences the damage is going to vary from car to car. A good example is Nascar - the crashes look spectacular because the cars are designed to obliterate to protect the occupants. They're rarely as bad as they look because of this.
runec 
42262 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/30/17 , edited 9/30/17

redokami wrote:
ITS..in half..what the fuck
totally destroyed while the other car is at least recognizable


is the driver alive?


What Striketh said. The driver survived. Supercars just tend to have far more lightweight materials so the result of safety design is the thing explodes on impact to dissipate energy.

It also means the repairs are quite a bit more expensive as well to replace all that lovely custom body and frame. So I can totally see a donkey chewing several thousand dollars out of a supercar. Even just damaging a windshield can cost a fortune on them.



7891 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / Pacific North West
Offline
Posted 9/30/17 , edited 9/30/17

runec wrote:

It also means the repairs are quite a bit more expensive as well to replace all that lovely custom body and frame. So I can totally see a donkey chewing several thousand dollars out of a supercar. Even just damaging a windshield can cost a fortune on them.



So shall we say the donkey had good taste in cars?
runec 
42262 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/30/17 , edited 10/1/17

DevinKuska wrote:
So shall we say the donkey had good taste in cars?


51656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M
Offline
Posted 9/30/17 , edited 10/1/17
Just going by the brief explanation of the case in the report, I say the car owner is a dumbass and should have had to pay 100% of the repairs.
21982 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 9/30/17 , edited 10/1/17

runec wrote:


DevinKuska wrote:
So shall we say the donkey had good taste in cars?




u postingthis pic made me realize the joke lol
67935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Glendale, AZ
Offline
Posted 9/30/17 , edited 10/1/17
Why was it not an elephant this time?
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.