First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply Are you racist for not being attracted to a certain race?
9 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 10/5/17 , edited 10/6/17
You're not racist. YOUR GENITALS ARE
12420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / People's Republic...
Offline
Posted 10/5/17 , edited 10/6/17

akirbydreamland wrote:

You're not racist. YOUR GENITALS ARE


My genitals can be such a dick like that sometimes.
9 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 10/5/17 , edited 10/6/17

karatecowboy wrote:


akirbydreamland wrote:

You're not racist. YOUR GENITALS ARE


My genitals can be such a dick like that sometimes.

My genitals ARE named the truth because you can't handle them

12420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / People's Republic...
Offline
Posted 10/5/17 , edited 10/6/17

akirbydreamland wrote:


karatecowboy wrote:


akirbydreamland wrote:

You're not racist. YOUR GENITALS ARE


My genitals can be such a dick like that sometimes.

My genitals ARE named the truth because you can't handle them



In that case, I definitely do not want the truth, General!
13 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/5/17 , edited 10/6/17
There isn't a thing wrong with not wanting to date who you don't want to date.
1596 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Somewhere to my l...
Offline
Posted 10/5/17 , edited 10/6/17
not really a matter of racism in my opinion. There's more of a factor of cultural differences, sometimes causes relationships between different races to not work out.
Jarexx 
30941 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Boston
Offline
Posted 10/5/17 , edited 10/6/17
im not attracted to black people.
21527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / SoFlo
Offline
Posted 10/5/17 , edited 10/6/17

Jarexx wrote:

im not attracted to black people.


why?
40934 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Planet Earth
Online
Posted 10/6/17 , edited 10/6/17
If you simply have a preference for one race over the other, then it's not racist.

If you are hurling insults or slurs toward a certain race however, then that is racist.
60 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 10/6/17 , edited 10/6/17

zangeif123 wrote:


Jarexx wrote:

im not attracted to black people.


why?


This wasn't asked to me but it kinda(because it's not a complete "no") applies to me as well so I'll try explaining why. I don't know Jarexx's reason but for me it's because I don't see black people too often let alone interact with one. I'm not used to how they look and behave in general. On the other hand a REALLY white person would probably be difficult as well. For the same reason. I think we're more inclined to be attracted to the type(in this case race) we interact with the most.
6111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 10/6/17 , edited 10/6/17
You are racist if you have to post this question..
3322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / livin in debauchery
Offline
Posted 10/6/17 , edited 10/6/17

IgnorantStains wrote:

I'm not attracted to children or animals... what kinda -ist does that make me?


That makes you a normie.



*runs away like a madman*
9 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/6/17 , edited 10/6/17
Its generally shitty in a lot of cases. Sometimes POC don't date white people as a matter of specifically avoiding racism that a lot of people tend to perpetuate against them. Unless that is the exception its still prejudiced and still shitty. But being white and having racial preferences comes from a pretty racist place. From an internalized racist place if your non-white speaking about another non-white group.

Its literally impossible to evaluate every single person within that race as someone you would not date. You have met nothing more than a fraction of a percentage of everyone classed that way and all past anecdotal evidence on your end is worthless to consider in the grand scheme of things. Making broad sweeping generalizations about the type of people you date in general tend to be shitty. It denies the humanity of each existing individual within that general group.

By now I assume anyone reading this is noting the contradiction Im making here. Can't really talk about something like this without an understanding of general socialization of people as a whole and racism as a institutionalized thing. That is something that also affects the dating world. If you don't believe that, there isn't really anything to talk about.

In general, I find in my dating life has been better to throw out any kind of generalization you have about what you think you want, and just constantly evaluate case by case on who you would be interested in dating. People are too complex and too varied I think to even keep in mind a good framework for the type of person you want.

I think if it matters to you enough, you should consider evaluating why that might be the case. What kind of associations make you say that? Does your upbringing affect that? What about your specific family? A lot goes into it. I never really understood how racist of a place I was in when I before believed I never would date black women.

Like it is still preferences. If one thing people are saying here is right, it is true that they are preferences. But preferences can and do often have racist, sexist, and generally bigoted origins. If you care that much, and/or believe what I say. All I can say really is consider unpacking that and seeing if that leads you anywhere better.

Its still your body and your mind. You aren't required to give your time to, be attracted to, or have sex with anyone you aren't interested in. But "preferences" aren't unchanging. They evolve constantly and we are capable of pushing them in other directions, or even getting rid of them.

1228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Minnesota
Offline
Posted 10/6/17 , edited 10/6/17
It's sad that this is even being asked.
12147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 10/6/17 , edited 10/6/17
I mean that would depend on your motivations for not being attracted to them are, wouldnt it?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.