First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Black Friday Shopping 2017
4516 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/5/17 , edited 11/5/17

Cydoemus wrote:

I'm pretty "Anti-Black Friday".
These sales that last for 3-5 weeks that are under the guise of "Black Friday" are okay (like the Kohl's ones that were posted).
My issue stems from those who line up for the "best deals" of the year and are so aggressive that they nearly run over one another.
It just isn't something that should be encouraged.
These kinds of events should be held throughout the year where it allows for safer delivery of packages, less frustration from brick and mortar stores (Wal*Mart, Kohls, Target, Best Buy, JC Penny, etc), and with more of a structured environment to ensure that people aren't driven to mere pack rats trying to get a specific item on their list.


You can shop online and skip the lines at the brick and mortal stores.
50023 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 11/6/17 , edited 11/6/17
Can we not talk about this horrible event? I swear Black Friday bring out the worse in humans.
They should seriously get rid of it.
7462 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / HTX
Offline
Posted 11/6/17 , edited 11/6/17
I don't see why Black Friday is still a thing when you have the internet.

All I can say is that people are always crazy, even if it isn't Black Friday.

I just feel bad for the employees that have to deal with people who are scumbags (and not only on Black Friday).
1453 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/6/17 , edited 11/6/17

AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:


Cydoemus wrote:

I'm pretty "Anti-Black Friday".
These sales that last for 3-5 weeks that are under the guise of "Black Friday" are okay (like the Kohl's ones that were posted).
My issue stems from those who line up for the "best deals" of the year and are so aggressive that they nearly run over one another.
It just isn't something that should be encouraged.
These kinds of events should be held throughout the year where it allows for safer delivery of packages, less frustration from brick and mortar stores (Wal*Mart, Kohls, Target, Best Buy, JC Penny, etc), and with more of a structured environment to ensure that people aren't driven to mere pack rats trying to get a specific item on their list.


You can shop online and skip the lines at the brick and mortal stores.


This is true, for the most part.
There are still "better deals" for doorbusters (they really do call them "doorbuster deals/savings") than those online; at least, until Cyber Monday for some retailers.
Even so, the main concern I have is that there are always going to be "porch thieves" who will deliberately steal delivery boxes that are left on porches for too long.
Now, more than ever (with so many deliveries being done around this time of the year) there should be more "stages" of Black Friday throughout the year.
One massive event (two, if you count the newly created "Cyber Monday" follow-up) becomes too much in a country that's consumed with consumerism.
321 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/6/17 , edited 11/6/17
If anyone sees a Roomba listed in a black friday sale let me know.
20508 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 11/6/17 , edited 11/7/17
Just bought a new Gaming Laptop to replace my Gaming PC, I'll probably see if there's any good deals on M.2 1TB SSD's or 2.5" SSD's. They're currently going for around $530-$550 CAD for 1TB.
3873 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/7/17 , edited 11/7/17

Dismaying wrote:

Just bought a new Gaming Laptop to replace my Gaming PC, I'll probably see if there's any good deals on M.2 1TB SSD's or 2.5" SSD's. They're currently going for around $530-$550 CAD for 1TB.


I'm also looking out for some SSDs deals. I got one 960GB SSD (Crucial brand i think) for $100 It was $70 off ? I sold it though. These SSDs will sell well so i'll be getting a couple of them this time around.

I'll probably order some games from Best Buy. I'll add/save the ones i want to the cart right now. (Animeaddictann69's method"). It will speed up the online order process. I think they will offer free shipping with most items around the holiday season.



Cydoemus wrote:

This is true, for the most part.
There are still "better deals" for doorbusters (they really do call them "doorbuster deals/savings") than those online; at least, until Cyber Monday for some retailers.
Even so, the main concern I have is that there are always going to be "porch thieves" who will deliberately steal delivery boxes that are left on porches for too long.
Now, more than ever (with so many deliveries being done around this time of the year) there should be more "stages" of Black Friday throughout the year.
One massive event (two, if you count the newly created "Cyber Monday" follow-up) becomes too much in a country that's consumed with consumerism.



There are drop off locations that you can use (pharmacies,etc..). Amazon also released some program that i will work with your smart lock/camera . Amazon Key ?

Amazon Key: Here's how the new in-home delivery service works (CNET News)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIAH66QSOkY


Those doorbuster items are cheap products exclusive to some stores and can also be available online.

I started to keep a photo album of all the stuff i got for black friday since 2010-- these are the things I got for 2016. I ordered all of them online with free shipping (except the shotgun-- i bought it in store 2 days before black friday). I work from home so porch pirates are not a problem for me. Free shipping can take while though...

I actually have a bait box in front of my house now. The camera is always on and i'm always home,well,. except when i'm running around the block for 30-40 minutes. Daylight motion sensor lights+ 5MP cameras. They took the 1st bait box so I turned the video clip over to the local police.

It's been a while since i set the 2nd Amazon bait box out but no pirate took the bait yet. I guess words got around that it was a bait box We also have bait cars around here so just take that GPS box/car back to your base of operation porch pirates.



20508 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 11/7/17 , edited 11/7/17


Do you just resell all / most of the things you buy during sales for a profit?

3873 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/8/17 , edited 11/8/17

Dismaying wrote:



Do you just resell all / most of the things you buy during sales for a profit?



just the SSDs. I gave some items as gifts like the Xbox One elite controller..I don't have an Xbox One but some of my friends do. I got it for $100 + $30 gift (along with 6% cash back + 200 points). They will have a lot of special offers during the holiday season so i'll take advantage of it and getting the things i want or will give out at a good price.

Visa will also do like $25 for $100 purchase at best buy, etc.. $50 for $250 purchase (newegg)(american express). etc..
74739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Seattle
Online
Posted 11/8/17 , edited 11/8/17
I have quite a lot of stuff on my to-buy list this year after a relatively light one last year. But most of it is anime, and I'm planning to get a new gaming console system. Of course, Black Friday has lost its appeal seeing that it has evolved into Cyber Thursday with retailers getting a jump on sales, but nevertheless I'm going through the motions.
3873 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/10/17 , edited 11/10/17

AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:

I'll try it the next time i want to by something from Kohl. Are you a Kohl card holder? They should have the 30% off event soon...


I got the $5 Kohl cash again today. It was exactly as i thought.

I got this pop up when i picked an item for shipping while it is also available in store as well. I think you have to buy more than $50 and pick shipping option for all items. The offer will pop up when one of those items is also available in store


the $80 item is shipping only and the $23 is available for pick up


I got $15 kohl cash out of this order.

1456 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Dominican Republic
Offline
Posted 11/10/17 , edited 11/10/17
familys gonna get a 55" TV and a home theatre system. super hyped!

If I weren't saving for my car I would totally get a ps4 T-T

3873 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/10/17 , edited 11/10/17

sabrinapaulinor wrote:

familys gonna get a 55" TV and a home theatre system. super hyped!

If I weren't saving for my car I would totally get a ps4 T-T



https://www.consumerreports.org/saving-money/haggling-really-works-when-you-buy-new-tv-laptop-or-other-device/

I think they also have sale on car purchases during the holidays season. Are you buying new or used car? The best time to buy a new car is the last week of the current year. The last week of December 2017 is the best time to buy 2017 models
1456 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Dominican Republic
Offline
Posted 11/10/17 , edited 11/10/17

dulun18 wrote:


sabrinapaulinor wrote:

familys gonna get a 55" TV and a home theatre system. super hyped!

If I weren't saving for my car I would totally get a ps4 T-T



https://www.consumerreports.org/saving-money/haggling-really-works-when-you-buy-new-tv-laptop-or-other-device/

I think they also have sale on car purchases during the holidays season. Are you buying new or used car? The best time to buy a new car is the last week of the current year. The last week of December 2017 is the best time to buy 2017 models :)


I'm buying an used car. Its my first so I'm not really being picky. Hoping to buy it between the end of year and January 2018.

Thanks for the advise though!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.