First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Firefox Quantum coming out tomorrow! (11-14-17)
Posted 11/14/17 , edited 11/14/17

Cydoemus wrote:


karatecowboy wrote:

I've been using Brave, which is several times faster than Chrome.and Firefox


Brave was pretty good when it first came out.
Somewhere along the lines it started giving me troubles but might give it another try since I am looking for something for my desktop other than Chromium/Chrome (I know Brave is based off of Chromium).


Arranging all bookmarks is a mess. In Chrome, you can arrange all the bookmarks that do not fit onto the bookmark bar in a specific order, but that does not seem to be possible with Brave. I find that very bothersome.
1235 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 11/14/17 , edited 11/14/17
Photon is ugly and my XUL addons are done, fuck this shit.
3905 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/19/17 , edited 11/21/17
I can't open many sites using Firefox since yesterday I tried Opera and IE and they worked just fine

I uninstalled Firefox (56.0) and reinstalled and i got Firefox Quantum (57.0) in its place . They are forcing updates now ? My noscript add on does not work anymore
575 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Behind You With A...
Offline
Posted 11/19/17 , edited 11/19/17
i dont care about its speed i just want them to fix the fucking memory leak or whatever thats plagued their browser since forever.
1453 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/19/17 , edited 11/19/17

SnipeStar wrote:

i dont care about its speed i just want them to fix the fucking memory leak or whatever thats plagued their browser since forever.


Sorry to say, they have not fixed that with Firefox Quantum.
Brave/Chromium/Chrome are still less of memory hogs for me, as long as you aren't loading it up with plugins/extensions.
Firefox, bareboned, is still using more memory than Chrome with several extensions enabled.
575 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Behind You With A...
Offline
Posted 11/19/17 , edited 11/19/17

Cydoemus wrote:


SnipeStar wrote:

i dont care about its speed i just want them to fix the fucking memory leak or whatever thats plagued their browser since forever.


Sorry to say, they have not fixed that with Firefox Quantum.
Brave/Chromium/Chrome are still less of memory hogs for me, as long as you aren't loading it up with plugins/extensions.
Firefox, bareboned, is still using more memory than Chrome with several extensions enabled.


yeah ive noticed lol
17324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 11/21/17 , edited 11/21/17

dulun18 wrote:

My noscript add on does not work anymore


The noscript developer has been rushing through a new version for Quantum and released it today. It is a bit simplistic and there are some reported bugs but it should improve over time. I've been avoiding Firefox since 57 launched as I refuse to run a browser without script protection.
3905 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/21/17 , edited 11/21/17

MidoriNoTora wrote:


dulun18 wrote:

My noscript add on does not work anymore


The noscript developer has been rushing through a new version for Quantum and released it today. It is a bit simplistic and there are some reported bugs but it should improve over time. I've been avoiding Firefox since 57 launched as I refuse to run a browser without script protection.


You are right. I see the icon again at the top right corner now.. It's just the barebone layout pretty much Ublock Origin can't block everything.
15545 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
☆Land of sweets☆
Online
Posted 11/21/17 , edited 11/21/17
i wish FF developers would make it so that one tab lagging doesn't crash the entire browser >_>
not going to happen though.
4516 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/24/17 , edited 11/24/17

dulun18 wrote:


You are right. I see the icon again at the top right corner now.. It's just the barebone layout pretty much Ublock Origin can't block everything.



No Script is back up and easier to use than before. It's simple and more user friendly with all the settings.

42589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
shujin academy
Offline
Posted 11/24/17 , edited 11/24/17
new firefox is a lot better than old firefox. can confirm. honestly, it's a lot faster and even better for my tendency to open too many tabs in one session.
117364 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
70 / M / Columbia, MO
Offline
Posted 11/24/17 , edited 11/25/17
Had to let go of FF account extensions always came back to bite me. Since 1 of my hard drives got corrupted had to opt for new computer. Learning Microsoft Edge though fall back is still Google Chrome which I'm more used to.
6090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / BuBbLeS!
Offline
Posted 11/25/17 , edited 11/25/17
be careful of legacy add-ons, they can corrupt firefox if they do attempt to update them, best to either delete them or inactive them for the time being. but I'm rather enjoying the new FF, a lot faster and the likes. it streams better and doesn't do buffering as much as it did with the older version. and if I have to use another browser for something, because some sites don't like my add-ons, I tend to use IE, it's actually faster than FF, mostly because there are zero add-ons there.
3905 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/25/17 , edited 11/25/17

AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:

No Script is back up and easier to use than before. It's simple and more user friendly with all the settings.




I have to mess around with this since some of my pages will not load with the current no script. I think they are blocking too many things on the sites.

btw, i didnt' know crunchyroll has so many things on the site


4516 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/27/17 , edited 11/28/17

dulun18 wrote:

I have to mess around with this since some of my pages will not load with the current no script. I think they are blocking too many things on the sites.

btw, i didnt' know crunchyroll has so many things on the site


This format of no script is a lot cleaner. You never know what a site can run in the background so....
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.