First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Post Reply Do you get vaccinated?
Posted 1/27/18 , edited 1/27/18
Yeah I've been preparing for the zombie apocalypse all my life.
20 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Ohio
Offline
Posted 1/28/18 , edited 1/28/18
No, I'm either too lazy to get the shot or I just forget to get them entirely.
78 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 1/28/18 , edited 1/28/18
The last time I got a flu shot was over ten years ago. I did get the flu this year, but it only lasted a day.
3653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 1/28/18 , edited 1/28/18
I did complete the child vaccines required by the health department. I didn't get flu vaccines and i don't mind getting the flu once a year. I still get anti-tetanus and anti rabies as precaution due to having pet dogs and cats
4516 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/28/18 , edited 1/28/18
I found out today that there are people out there thinking that if you get 2 flu vaccines (1 month apart).. you will be immuned to the flu....
15196 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
☆Land of sweets☆
Online
Posted 1/28/18 , edited 1/28/18

AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:

I found out today that there are people out there thinking tat if you get 2 flu vaccines (1 month apart).. you will be immuned to the flu....


still better than thinking vaccine causes autism.
4516 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/28/18 , edited 1/28/18

namealreadytaken wrote:


AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:

I found out today that there are people out there thinking tat if you get 2 flu vaccines (1 month apart).. you will be immuned to the flu....


still better than thinking vaccine causes autism.



autism? really? must be some new trend i don't know about... You can't keep up with all the stuff going on in this country now a day...
15196 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
☆Land of sweets☆
Online
Posted 1/28/18 , edited 1/28/18

AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:autism? really? must be some new trend i don't know about... You can't keep up with all the stuff going on in this country now a day...


sadly, this is not uncommon. in Texas, it came to the point in which there has bee now a small outbreak of measles - a disease that should have been history. measles outbreak. in the United States.



A small measles outbreak in Ellis County, Texas, has infected six people ranging in age from 8 months to 27 years. None of them had been vaccinated for the disease. Skipping vaccinations is a growing trend in the state, and public health experts have been warning about outbreaks like this for years.
...
Texas is extremely vulnerable to measles outbreaks for several reasons. It is one of 19 states that allow parents to opt out of public school vaccination requirements on the grounds of their “conscientious” beliefs — as opposed to medical need. The rate of Texas parents requesting “conscientious exemptions” to vaccinating their children has risen steadily since the law was changed to allow that in 2003.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/texas-measles-outbreak-anti-vaccines_us_5a6a3f18e4b0ddb658c4b60f
36 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 1/28/18 , edited 1/28/18
Disclaimer: I didn't read all the comments because they just got to idiotic and annoying from these damn conspiracy theorists.

First: To the people who don't mind getting the flu... please rethink this and please be careful out there, millions of people get seriously ill from the flu every year and hundreds of thousands of people die each year. I watched my mother go to the hospital because her flu turned into pneumonia and she stayed there for almost 3 days. Please be safe people.

Second: Shut up with this damn anti-vax shit, seriously. You are murdering people with your damn quackery. Your nonsense is killing innocent people and children and you should be thoroughly disgusted with yourselves. You have no peer reviewed and accepted proof of any of your idiotic theories and not only is there no reliable evidence for it, but theres tons of reliable evidence against it.

--Lets say you have to cross a canyon hundreds of feet up in the air is a bridge. Now lets say almost every single engineer who worked on the bridge or who examined the bridge said it was going to collapse if someone walked across it. Now some guy on Facebook says that the bridge is fine and a bunch of random ass people who googled bridges tell you it's safe. The engineers again assure that it will collapse. Do you cross the bridge?

--I really hope you said no
144 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Washington State
Offline
Posted 1/28/18 , edited 1/28/18
YES. People who think they are useless are very uneducated and are going to spread disease! Vaccines saved my life and are saving others all around the world.
144 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Washington State
Offline
Posted 1/28/18 , edited 1/28/18
THANK YOU!
1491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / California
Offline
Posted 1/28/18 , edited 1/28/18
of course
11316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 1/28/18 , edited 1/29/18

Cardamom_Ginger wrote:

I've had my childhood vaccines done, but I haven't been vaccinated since. I openly snub flu vaccines, and my profession doesn't require it. I haven't had particular cause to get tetanus boosters and the like, though I'm not opposed to those.


Pretty much the same except I had a rabies shot when I was 14-ish and have had a tetanus shot or two since, but it's been a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNGG time since I've had to be vaccinated.

Still highly recommend it.
11316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 1/28/18 , edited 1/28/18

DarkPhoenix95 wrote:

Disclaimer: I didn't read all the comments because they just got to idiotic and annoying from these damn conspiracy theorists.

First: To the people who don't mind getting the flu... please rethink this and please be careful out there, millions of people get seriously ill from the flu every year and hundreds of thousands of people die each year. I watched my mother go to the hospital because her flu turned into pneumonia and she stayed there for almost 3 days. Please be safe people.

Second: Shut up with this damn anti-vax shit, seriously. You are murdering people with your damn quackery. Your nonsense is killing innocent people and children and you should be thoroughly disgusted with yourselves. You have no peer reviewed and accepted proof of any of your idiotic theories and not only is there no reliable evidence for it, but theres tons of reliable evidence against it.

--Lets say you have to cross a canyon hundreds of feet up in the air is a bridge. Now lets say almost every single engineer who worked on the bridge or who examined the bridge said it was going to collapse if someone walked across it. Now some guy on Facebook says that the bridge is fine and a bunch of random ass people who googled bridges tell you it's safe. The engineers again assure that it will collapse. Do you cross the bridge?

--I really hope you said no


That's a bad analogy. Better would be to say the bridge would be safe cause the engineer said so and FB and friends said it would collapse.

Even that is not so great.

and if someone told me a bridge would collapse if I crossed it, I'd probably either find another way to cross it, or take safety precautions and still attempt it.

It's as bad an analogy as the damned skittle one a few years back.

(I think people should be vaccinated BTW, just have issues with liberal analogies lately... They really suck at it.)

EDIT: also, I've had the flu a bajllion times. i'm not going to go out and spend the money to get a shot for something that's, for me, a minor annoyance to begin with.

If I need another rabies shot, however... I'll be sure to get it..
36 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 1/28/18 , edited 1/28/18

serifsansserif wrote:


DarkPhoenix95 wrote:

Disclaimer: I didn't read all the comments because they just got to idiotic and annoying from these damn conspiracy theorists.

First: To the people who don't mind getting the flu... please rethink this and please be careful out there, millions of people get seriously ill from the flu every year and hundreds of thousands of people die each year. I watched my mother go to the hospital because her flu turned into pneumonia and she stayed there for almost 3 days. Please be safe people.

Second: Shut up with this damn anti-vax shit, seriously. You are murdering people with your damn quackery. Your nonsense is killing innocent people and children and you should be thoroughly disgusted with yourselves. You have no peer reviewed and accepted proof of any of your idiotic theories and not only is there no reliable evidence for it, but theres tons of reliable evidence against it.

--Lets say you have to cross a canyon hundreds of feet up in the air is a bridge. Now lets say almost every single engineer who worked on the bridge or who examined the bridge said it was going to collapse if someone walked across it. Now some guy on Facebook says that the bridge is fine and a bunch of random ass people who googled bridges tell you it's safe. The engineers again assure that it will collapse. Do you cross the bridge?

--I really hope you said no


That's a bad analogy. Better would be to say the bridge would be safe cause the engineer said so and FB and friends said it would collapse.

Even that is not so great.

and if someone told me a bridge would collapse if I crossed it, I'd probably either find another way to cross it, or take safety precautions and still attempt it.

It's as bad an analogy as the damned skittle one a few years back.

(I think people should be vaccinated BTW, just have issues with liberal analogies lately... They really suck at it.)


Its a simple analogy for a simple argument, there's no need to complicate something more than it needs to be. You have almost every expert on the subject telling you one thing, and google warriors telling you another, who do you listen to? That's really all you need to get across to display the absurdity of their argument.

Also you kinda missed the point of the entire post, the analogy was simply an after thought.

Edit: The point of the flu vaccine is not only to protect yourself, people always think this way and it's pretty annoying. It's to protect yourself , along with the sick, injured, elderly, young, people who are allergic to the vaccine or can't receive it for some medical reason. Herd immunity is to protect those most vulnerable from diseases that can be potentially life threatening to them.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.