First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Food Wars [continuation of The Third Plate] Anticipation
244239 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 12/15/17 , edited 4/8/18
update from moderator: This turned out to be continuation of "The Third Plate" so not called season 4 or fourth plate.
Discussion for Spring continues in The Third Plate Discussion thread: /forumtopic-1002369/food-wars-the-third-plate-discussion

Looks like Shokugeki no Souma/Food Wars season 4 got announced today.

It's coming for Spring 2018 next year.

Source (tweets also included in there)
http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/118789

CR source
https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/941875106271313921
107545 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 12/15/17 , edited 12/16/17
what is this shit?

Nikuma 
17655 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Holland
Offline
Posted 12/15/17 , edited 12/16/17
Super stoked! And the good news just keeps coming! Festa is LIITTTT!!
67634 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 12/15/17 , edited 12/16/17
After the news of season 3 being only 12 episodes instead of 24 like what was initially reported, I was hoping that it was going to be a split-cour.
19449 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Houston, Texas
Online
Posted 12/15/17 , edited 12/16/17
The question is does CR have the license to it or do they have to try to beat Sentai to the punch again?
49435 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / 24th Ward
Offline
Posted 12/15/17 , edited 12/16/17
More Food Wars!
74480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Seattle
Online
Posted 12/16/17 , edited 12/16/17
This season was originally supposed to have continued into the winter season, but it looks like production delays have led to this happening and now we get The Fourth Plate instead.
16 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / M
Offline
Posted 12/16/17 , edited 12/16/17
food wars in my opinion had a dead season 2
5533 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 12/16/17 , edited 12/16/17
Great news. See you in spring. Well¸ after one more episode, that is.


paulchaested wrote:

The question is does CR have the license to it or do they have to try to beat Sentai to the punch again?


I'm guessing CR will likely get it. If you ask me, Sentai should just focus on the dubbed version, which they've done for the first two seasons.
4866 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/19/17 , edited 12/19/17

Yoshithehero wrote:

Great news. See you in spring. Well¸ after one more episode, that is.


paulchaested wrote:

The question is does CR have the license to it or do they have to try to beat Sentai to the punch again?


I'm guessing CR will likely get it. If you ask me, Sentai should just focus on the dubbed version, which they've done for the first two seasons.


That would only happen if Crunchyroll gets the streaming license and Sentai gets the home release license.
5533 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 12/21/17 , edited 12/21/17

HOOfan_1 wrote:


Yoshithehero wrote:

Great news. See you in spring. Well¸ after one more episode, that is.


paulchaested wrote:

The question is does CR have the license to it or do they have to try to beat Sentai to the punch again?


I'm guessing CR will likely get it. If you ask me, Sentai should just focus on the dubbed version, which they've done for the first two seasons.


That would only happen if Crunchyroll gets the streaming license and Sentai gets the home release license.


Which is exactly what i'm trying to say. It wouldn't make sense if the second half of Season 3 didn't make it here but what i'm to say.
4866 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/21/17 , edited 4/8/18

Yoshithehero wrote:

Which is exactly what i'm trying to say. It wouldn't make sense if the second half of Season 3 didn't make it here but what i'm to say.


Well, the alternative is there is no dub, or Crunchyroll gets both streaming and home release rights and has someone else dub it and Funimation releases the Blurays. I think most of the voice actors in the Sentai dub have worked for Funimation as well.
5533 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 12/21/17 , edited 4/8/18

HOOfan_1 wrote:

Well, the alternative is there is no dub, or Crunchyroll gets both streaming and home release rights and has someone else dub it and Funimation releases the Blurays. I think most of the voice actors in the Sentai dub have worked for Funimation as well.


I'm sure the dubbed version is going to happen at some point. If someone else would do the dub, i'd say Funimation. And yes, i'm aware of that some of the VAs have worked for Funimation.
31473 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Massachusetts, Un...
Offline
Posted 12/21/17 , edited 12/21/17
I thought the manga wasn't doing too well, or was I mistaken? The anime doing better?
1082 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 12/21/17 , edited 12/21/17
Wouldn't be surprised if this show got another 5 seasons because we still got a long way to go. Best anime ever IMO!
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.