First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Crunchyroll Anime Awards 2017 Discussion
39708 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 12/30/17 , edited 12/30/17
I hope The Ancient Magus' Bride isn't the Yuri on Ice of this year.
5629 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 12/30/17 , edited 12/30/17
It better not be something like last year. I hope for the best.
18848 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 12/30/17 , edited 12/30/17

TaichoXD wrote:


Nogara-san wrote:

Wow. CR bringing in some major names that I recognize as judges....




lol some does not make up for the others lack of competency... All the judges need to be people who review anime with out bias


So basically they must like what you like otherwise, FAKE NEWS?
12361 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 12/30/17 , edited 12/30/17

Nogara-san wrote:


TaichoXD wrote:


Nogara-san wrote:

Wow. CR bringing in some major names that I recognize as judges....




lol some does not make up for the others lack of competency... All the judges need to be people who review anime with out bias


So basically they must like what you like otherwise, FAKE NEWS?

No last year there was shit that should of been nominated and wasnt
18848 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 12/30/17 , edited 12/30/17

TaichoXD wrote:

No last year there was shit that should of been nominated and wasnt


If you're talking about Yuri On Ice, it's probably because of how much of a hit it was. Plus, it was still fresh in people's memory since it just finished airing.
12361 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 12/30/17 , edited 12/30/17

Nogara-san wrote:

If you're talking about Yuri On Ice, it's probably because of how much of a hit it was. Plus, it was still fresh in people's memory since it just finished airing.

It really wasn't a hit though..... Only reason it won is because a fan base mobilized and voted for it ... it sucked as an anime
47540 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Sweden
Online
Posted 12/30/17 , edited 12/30/17
It's just gonna be popular vote that wins, it would be better to bring in a jury of experts as they might be able to highlight something the community has missed
18848 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 12/30/17 , edited 12/30/17

TaichoXD wrote:

It really wasn't a hit though..... Only reason it won is because a fan base mobilized and voted for it ... it sucked as an anime


I liked plenty of shows that don't get nominated too but I don't shit all over them and dismiss them as bad


YOI was a hit enough to get mainstream attention. It ain't AoT or SAO levels obviously because it's not an action based series...but a hit nonetheless to where it's getting a movie and even some ice skaters commented on how much they enjoyed it.
13052 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / SW Ontario, Canada
Offline
Posted 12/30/17 , edited 12/30/17

Nogara-san wrote:



YOI was a hit enough to get mainstream attention. It ain't AoT or SAO levels obviously because it's not an action based series...but a hit nonetheless to where it's getting a movie and even some ice skaters commented on how much they enjoyed it.


Yeah, pretty much this. I think you can definitely debate whether or not YoI was a good show (and I personally think it's pretty dubious to consider it a great show) but there is no question at all as to whether or not it was a "hit" (aka was popular). It just wasn't necessarily a "hit" with the usual crowd who are usually the most vocal about anime.

YoI brought a lot of new fans to anime and also brought a lot of sidelined anime fans to a point where they were more invested in being vocal about the medium. That's not an outright sign of quality in any sense but it is worthy of recognition.
18848 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 12/30/17 , edited 12/30/17

StriderShinryu wrote:


Nogara-san wrote:



YOI was a hit enough to get mainstream attention. It ain't AoT or SAO levels obviously because it's not an action based series...but a hit nonetheless to where it's getting a movie and even some ice skaters commented on how much they enjoyed it.


Yeah, pretty much this. I think you can definitely debate whether or not YoI was a good show (and I personally think it's pretty dubious to consider it a great show) but there is no question at all as to whether or not it was a "hit" (aka was popular). It just wasn't necessarily a "hit" with the usual crowd who are usually the most vocal about anime.

YoI brought a lot of new fans to anime and also brought a lot of sidelined anime fans to a point where they were more invested in being vocal about the medium. That's not an outright sign of quality in any sense but it is worthy of recognition.



I mean I enjoyed YOI and I intend to buy it when it comes out, but it wasn't the 'GREATEST YAOI EVAH' as some people proclaim it to be...
22299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / Maniwa Japan
Offline
Posted 12/30/17 , edited 12/30/17
YoI animation was terrible though until they fixed it for the blu rays. That alone should have kept it from winning.

But, these things are rarely ever about overall quality.
27703 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
57 / M /
Offline
Posted 12/30/17 , edited 12/30/17
I don't know any of the judges. I did notice we had 2 European Judges, but no Japanese or Asian. I think it would have been nice to include that point of view. But I am an idiot so my opinion needs to be taken with a lot of soy sauce.
12361 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 12/31/17 , edited 12/31/17

Gafennec wrote:

I don't know any of the judges. I did notice we had 2 European Judges, but no Japanese or Asian. I think it would have been nice to include that point of view. But I am an idiot so my opinion needs to be taken with a lot of soy sauce.


honestly they need to assemble a panel of reputable judges and have them vote on what they say is best then hand out PCH awards based on how the public voted....
13061 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Charlotte, NC
Offline
Posted 12/31/17 , edited 12/31/17

TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:

It's just gonna be popular vote that wins, it would be better to bring in a jury of experts as they might be able to highlight something the community has missed


We definitely do not need that. It's just going to be like the poorly written bullshit on ANN, with their "big me, little you" snobbery and bullshit feminism.
No so-called "expert" does anything different than you or me than watch anime. So you're just as much as an expert as I, and as 'they' are. Tired of self-styled experts deciding what's good and not. They can stuff it, frankly.
13061 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Charlotte, NC
Offline
Posted 12/31/17 , edited 12/31/17
Under no circumstances should Ancient Magus Bride win but it will. It's gotten to basically a hive mentality with popular anime, people just assume something is good if it's popular, and then watch it because others are, further fueling its undeserved popularity. So in the case of AMB, you get a mediocre anime being considered some masterpiece which it's NOT, just because of a snowball effect driven by hype.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.