Post Reply bandwidth is maxed out AFTER an episode ends.
wadss 
8044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 1/16/18 , edited 1/16/18
I noticed my bandwidth spikes to ~50mbit/sec after en episode ends and the suggested list pops up. what the hell is it downloading?
Der Zoodirektor
27041 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 1/16/18 , edited 1/16/18

wadss wrote:

I noticed my bandwidth spikes to ~50mbit/sec after en episode ends and the suggested list pops up. what the hell is it downloading?


The same episode you just watched.
wadss 
8044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 1/16/18 , edited 1/16/18

shinryou wrote:


wadss wrote:

I noticed my bandwidth spikes to ~50mbit/sec after en episode ends and the suggested list pops up. what the hell is it downloading?


The same episode you just watched.


why would it redownload the same episode? it also doesn't stop, i've tested and waited for 5 minutes, and it was still going. thats a total of 1.5gb. a 23 minute episode even at 1080p is not that big.
Der Zoodirektor
27041 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 1/16/18 , edited 1/16/18

wadss wrote:

why would it redownload the same episode? it also doesn't stop, i've tested and waited for 5 minutes, and it was still going. thats a total of 1.5gb. a 23 minute episode even at 1080p is not that big.


It's a bug. If you check the browser console (CTRL-SHIFT-J) under network, you will see that it keeps grabbing video segments.
wadss 
8044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 1/17/18 , edited 1/17/18

shinryou wrote:


wadss wrote:

why would it redownload the same episode? it also doesn't stop, i've tested and waited for 5 minutes, and it was still going. thats a total of 1.5gb. a 23 minute episode even at 1080p is not that big.


It's a bug. If you check the browser console (CTRL-SHIFT-J) under network, you will see that it keeps grabbing video segments.


does CR know about this bug? is there a way to report it to them? it seems this could potentially waste ALOT of bandwidth both for the user and CR themselves if someone gets up after an episode without closing the window.
You must be logged in to post.