First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Markus Meechan (Count Dankula) has been convicted for "grossly offensive behavior"
Posted 3/25/18 , edited 3/26/18

Cathugud wrote:



Emphasising someone to read certain sections of a massive fuckoff report to reduce the amount of time they waste isn't the same as dismissing credibility.

I also didn't directly quote you for a one very important reason (Well two if you're including not wasting time), I do not want to derail the thread further but you responded so here we are.


You're not doing the same thing?
12360 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / People's Republic...
Offline
Posted 3/25/18 , edited 3/26/18

runec wrote:


Shipwright wrote:
It's official. Telling a joke in the UK can get you thrown in the gulag. Thoughts?


I choose to believe it wasn't the video that swayed the jury to a guilty verdict but rather the fact he calls himself "Count Dankula".



A certain part of my soul agrees -- it is a crime.
runec 
41468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/25/18 , edited 3/25/18

bernardwheelerjr wrote:
Again the us has a 200+ years of leagal precident to fall back on. Noone has gone to jail in the us for posting a mooronic vidio of a pug doing annything. In fact the us has impeached officials for infringing on the verry first ammendment to the constitution.


The US has also rounded people up and put them in internment camps based on their race or perceived nationality and your current President suggested using those exact same laws as a basis for his Muslim ban. -.-




karatecowboy wrote:
A certain part of my soul agrees -- it is a crime.


The libertarian side of me thinks he should go free.

The long suffering internet user in me thinks he should at least be locked up for a few days just for his handle.

>.>
mxdan 
12308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 3/26/18 , edited 3/26/18

Cathugud wrote:
Emphasising someone to read certain sections of a massive fuckoff report to reduce the amount of time they waste isn't the same as dismissing credibility.

I also didn't directly quote you for a one very important reason (Well two if you're including not wasting time), I do not want to derail the thread further but you responded so here we are.

Edit: For snidewolf , I said I didn't directly quote him for the reason of further derailment, I did not state that I wasn't technically derailing the thread by commenting on the freedom index. I was going to comment on it either way but I intended to respond to the topic by trying to comment in a way that didn't result in extended discussion/argument. This is my last post on this thread concerning this.


You claimed they were 'think tanks' and therefore not worth looking at. Doing so without providing sufficient objective reason. You involved yourself and when I said to discredit them you suddenly took the "waste of time" and "derailment" high horse. If you involve yourself it clearly isn't. If you make a dismissive remark expect a challenge to actually prove me wrong. In doing so I have no problem accepting your claim, but you haven't done so.
5558 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 3/26/18 , edited 3/26/18

runec wrote:


bernardwheelerjr wrote:
Again the us has a 200+ years of leagal precident to fall back on. Noone has gone to jail in the us for posting a mooronic vidio of a pug doing annything. In fact the us has impeached officials for infringing on the verry first ammendment to the constitution.


The US has also rounded people up and put them in internment camps based on their race or perceived nationality and your current President suggested using those exact same laws as a basis for his Muslim ban. -.-




karatecowboy wrote:
A certain part of my soul agrees -- it is a crime.


The libertarian side of me thinks he should go free.

The long suffering internet user in me thinks he should at least be locked up for a few days just for his handle.

>.>


This was during war time. Your obvious avoidance to explain the context in which that event happened says a lot about how strong that argument is and using it to prop up a strawman about Trump doing something that hasn't actually happened is laughable .

When Trump actually starts putting Muslims in internment camps or fully bans them from the country then come and spread your fake news fear mongering. Until then go eat some catnip or something.
mxdan 
12308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 3/26/18 , edited 3/26/18

amejia0 wrote:


runec wrote:


bernardwheelerjr wrote:
Again the us has a 200+ years of leagal precident to fall back on. Noone has gone to jail in the us for posting a mooronic vidio of a pug doing annything. In fact the us has impeached officials for infringing on the verry first ammendment to the constitution.


The US has also rounded people up and put them in internment camps based on their race or perceived nationality and your current President suggested using those exact same laws as a basis for his Muslim ban. -.-




karatecowboy wrote:
A certain part of my soul agrees -- it is a crime.


The libertarian side of me thinks he should go free.

The long suffering internet user in me thinks he should at least be locked up for a few days just for his handle.

>.>


This was during war time. Your obvious avoidance to explain the context in which that event happened says a lot about how strong that argument is and using it to prop up a strawman about Trump doing something that hasn't actually happened is laughable .

When Trump actually starts putting Muslims in internment camps or fully bans them from the country then come and spread your fake news fear mongering. Until then go eat some catnip or something.


The context was because brown skin and eye shape + war = possible Japanese... spy? War doesn't mean illogical treatment of citizens. Especially when many of those could of helped us in the war but we made an entirely fear based conclusion that nationalism is based on appearance.

Trump seems to take the same phobic response (It's biological really). That things that look an Islamic way should be treated with a broad brush.
5558 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 3/26/18 , edited 3/26/18

mxdan wrote:


amejia0 wrote:


runec wrote:


bernardwheelerjr wrote:
Again the us has a 200+ years of leagal precident to fall back on. Noone has gone to jail in the us for posting a mooronic vidio of a pug doing annything. In fact the us has impeached officials for infringing on the verry first ammendment to the constitution.


The US has also rounded people up and put them in internment camps based on their race or perceived nationality and your current President suggested using those exact same laws as a basis for his Muslim ban. -.-




karatecowboy wrote:
A certain part of my soul agrees -- it is a crime.


The libertarian side of me thinks he should go free.

The long suffering internet user in me thinks he should at least be locked up for a few days just for his handle.

>.>


This was during war time. Your obvious avoidance to explain the context in which that event happened says a lot about how strong that argument is and using it to prop up a strawman about Trump doing something that hasn't actually happened is laughable .

When Trump actually starts putting Muslims in internment camps or fully bans them from the country then come and spread your fake news fear mongering. Until then go eat some catnip or something.


The context was because brown skin and eye shape + war = possible Japanese... spy? War doesn't mean illogical treatment of citizens. Especially when many of those could of helped us in the war but we made an entirely fear based conclusion that nationalism is based on appearance.

Trump seems to take the same phobic response (It's biological really). That things that look an Islamic way should be treated with a broad brush.


Well it wasn't just limited to eye shape lets be honest. If you had a direct relative that was a japanese citizen, say your parents, or even grandparents (im pretty sure) then that was grounds enough for putting you in an internment camp even if you were born a US citizen on US soil and your family has lived here for decades. None of that mattered to the gov't because of the "possible loyalty" to the mother country that such individuals with Japanese origins could hold outweighed the assumption of innocence.

Not let me state I DO NOT AGREE with what they did, I find it horrendous that due to too much paranoia and wartime events this had to happen. But lets be honest while this was not logical nor humane in any way shape or form NOTHING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING during war is logical or humane. War is the complete and utter opposite of being humane and logical.

All us Americans and anyone living within the borders of this country should take this event as a lesson that states under no certain terms that any "right" we believe we may have is only a privilege that can be taken away on the whim of our government. To believe that a piece of paper (the constitution) will magically protect you and your nonexistent rights when shit hits the fan (war/marshal law/etc.) is to believe in as much a fairy tale as believing that Jesus was resurrected with a Phoenix Down in order to fight the devil in an Eternal war as a necromancer zombie general.


I do not know much about Trumps thoughts on Muslims nor his stance but I believe you when you say that about him. Whether or not it's right is irrelevant to the government. They are the ones that make the rules lol.
16075 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / AH / Helipad
Offline
Posted 3/26/18 , edited 3/26/18
If it's not too much to ask, could some of you try to stay on topic? The thread is meant to focus on Markus Meechan's case, your thoughts on the guilty verdict, and your thoughts on UK law regarding hate speech and free speech as a whole. Bringing up a related side topic every here and there is fine, but no derailing, please.
runec 
41468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/26/18 , edited 3/26/18

amejia0 wrote:
This was during war time. Your obvious avoidance to explain the context in which that event happened says a lot about how strong that argument is and using it to prop up a strawman about Trump doing something that hasn't actually happened is laughable .

When Trump actually starts putting Muslims in internment camps or fully bans them from the country then come and spread your fake news fear mongering. Until then go eat some catnip or something.


The basis of your objection ignores the content of the argument at hand and seems manufactured just so you can take a swing at me or defend Trump. Whether or not it was war time is irrelevant to the point and being at war does not justify such things. The point is that you can't bang the drum of freedom in the face of other countries while ignoring the things that have happened or are happening in your own backyard that threaten said freedom.

As for "fake news" what I stated was completely factual. Trump did suggest using the same law as was used to intern the Japanese. His team also suggested things such as a Muslim registry using the internment of Japanese as a legal precedent. And he most assuredly attempted to ban Muslims from the country. I'm not sure how you've forgotten the complete shit show that was his first swing at it which caused an international uproar.

Thing's aren't "fake news" just because you don't like them and it's not "fear mongering" when it was actually said and done.





First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.