First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last

I am banned for using vpn, wtf

Post Reply
17 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
22 / M / Budapest
Online
Posted 5/18/18 , edited 5 days ago
I have to clarify something. I'm not in the US but in mid-east EU. If I get all the stream services I won't got the same variety of shows as US users, because the region lock. For example: SAO, Steins Gate, Code Geass, My Hero Academia, OP Man and much much mor mainstream and somewhat worthy animes. If it's a seinen its 80% chance it is blocked. Like Garo, Psycho Pass or any relevant series for me. But I am a nice guy who pays for crunchy and for vpn so I don't have to pirate these shows. If I get banned I simply give up on this two years of crunchying and sail out. Since theres no other way to watch animes. #netneutrality
Michri 
40 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M / Greenland, Sisimiut
Offline
Posted 6/6/18 , edited 2/5/19
I feel you dude, one of the main reasons I pay for CR is to watch My Hero Academia, but it TURNS OUT I CANT EVEN EFFIN WATCH ALL THE COOL ANIMES OUT THERE!!! I CANT EVEN HAVE A FUNIMATION ACCOUNT BECAUSE ITS NOT IN MY REGION!!!! I have to rely on effin sites that have ad on click shit, I. Hate. My. LIFE!
12 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 6/6/18 , edited 6/6/18
I feel the same, but we can't do anything than just hope.
162 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
18 / London
Offline
Posted 6/6/18 , edited 5 days ago
The UK has nothing over America, I wanted to re-watch Gurren Laggan but nah, Its not in your region, nothing is in my region ffs
56366 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
62 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 6/6/18 , edited 6/6/18

scarlet_eyes wrote:

The UK has nothing over America, I wanted to re-watch Gurren Laggan but nah, Its not in your region, nothing is in my region ffs


Well, except for /tokyo-ghoul-re that is, you do have that over us.

Not to downplay your frustration, but while what you have may not be all (or even anything) that you wanted, it can't literally be nothing. You can see your list here rather than searching for something you can't watch: /videos/anime/alpha?group=all
45 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/22/18 , edited 5 days ago
To all the guys who keep saying this is fair and CR can do nothing:
They definitely can - charge different amounts of money based on how much anime they offer in that region.
THEN, it would be fair. Otherwise it's just making the rich richer.
We actually pay MORE, too, since we have to convert our own sucky money into USD.
Posted 6/22/18 , edited 6/22/18

Tsugirai wrote:

To all the guys who keep saying this is fair and CR can do nothing:
They definitely can - charge different amounts of money based on how much anime they offer in that region.
THEN, it would be fair. Otherwise it's just making the rich richer.
We actually pay MORE, too, since we have to convert our own sucky money into USD.


In regions that have less titles generally have less paying members. Sites like Netlifx CR etc are not charities they need a profit to exist.

$7USD etc does not buy the rights to one show shows can range up to several thousand $ per episode. You may only have <1000 paying members in your region. Most of the world wide ex asia shows are likely subsidized by premium members in the US.
Yes it might not be the titles you want. Would you rather only 1 A+ grade show a season or a bunch of B C D grade shows?

Also that if some regions pay a heap less then that would just encourage the use of IP spoofing tools to sign up from that particular country as it's now way cheaper!
Then following ends up being
"Well penguin how about if you sign up to CR in a region you are locked to that region?"
Nope would a break contracts as people move/travel and this also would also start a black market for accounts and encourage more theft of US and more popular regions existing accounts.
"But what about once you leave your region the account becomes invalid?" CR would have to deal with complaints about stealing money Eg "I traveled from the US to UK for 2 weeks and now I can't use my account I want a refund now!!!!" Granting refunds and having to deal with chargebacks results in the business having to pay higher transaction fees.

I'm not saying what exists is fair it's just if there was a way to fix the issues at hand they would be fixed years ago.
33680 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 6/22/18 , edited 6/23/18
Here is another way of looking at this

It's not CR's fault for blocking (yes, blocking, not banning... nobody is getting banned)

It's the fault of your VPN service for having, oh, just one IP address instead of like 1000 so you can switch around.

Blame your crappy VPN provider!
41 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
24 / M / Swansea, Wales, U...
Offline
Posted 10/1/18 , edited 12/17/18
My problem is that they expect us to pay the same amount as Americans for half the f*cking content. Either buy the damn licenses or don't buy any at all. (INCLUDING AMERICANS)
Der Zoodirektor
27261 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
36 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 10/2/18 , edited 10/2/18

Xordania wrote:

My problem is that they expect us to pay the same amount as Americans for half the f*cking content. Either buy the damn licenses or don't buy any at all. (INCLUDING AMERICANS)


The biggest difference exists in older content that Crunchyroll has sub-licensed from Funimation. Funimation did not always license the UK rights along with the North American rights, or sub-licensed them to local UK companies longer term before they made the deal with Crunchyroll.
You will find that most of the shows absent from the line-up on Crunchyroll are legally and exclusively available in the UK through one of the disc publishers in the UK. These titles will only become available to anyone else once these companies let their license lapse or decide to use Crunchyroll as their streaming outlet.
10099 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/7/18 , edited 5 days ago
Yes there is something we could do complain and unsubscribe this would be my third year paying the full amount if they make it impossible or 2 hard for me to use a vpn. Then i am gone just not worth it. I dont get why they would care. Other then getting presured by the company's wich again why do they care the only other people here that watch there shows do it illigaly with a verry few exaptions.

184 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 10/17/18 , edited 10/17/18

shinryou wrote:


Xordania wrote:

My problem is that they expect us to pay the same amount as Americans for half the f*cking content. Either buy the damn licenses or don't buy any at all. (INCLUDING AMERICANS)


The biggest difference exists in older content that Crunchyroll has sub-licensed from Funimation. Funimation did not always license the UK rights along with the North American rights, or sub-licensed them to local UK companies longer term before they made the deal with Crunchyroll.
You will find that most of the shows absent from the line-up on Crunchyroll are legally and exclusively available in the UK through one of the disc publishers in the UK. These titles will only become available to anyone else once these companies let their license lapse or decide to use Crunchyroll as their streaming outlet.


But what about the other EU countries then? I live in the Netherlands and availability is very Small here even though I am a member/subscriber of your Service.

By abiding to the System that you have to be a part of in order to work, You are giving Pirates a Reason to Pirate because many Fans are getting blocked here.

Is it Possible for you guys to Go Region free or Largely available the world?
Der Zoodirektor
27261 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
36 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 10/17/18 , edited 5 days ago

Bourmegar wrote:

But what about the other EU countries then? I live in the Netherlands and availability is very Small here even though I am a member/subscriber of your Service.

By abiding to the System that you have to be a part of in order to work, You are giving Pirates a Reason to Pirate because many Fans are getting blocked here.

Is it Possible for you guys to Go Region free or Largely available the world?


Regional restrictions are imposed by the licensor (in Japan or elsewhere), not the licensee (Crunchyroll).
We generally try to license rights to the World ex. Asia. But it is simply not always possible to get that.
184 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 10/17/18 , edited 12/8/18

shinryou wrote:


Bourmegar wrote:

But what about the other EU countries then? I live in the Netherlands and availability is very Small here even though I am a member/subscriber of your Service.

By abiding to the System that you have to be a part of in order to work, You are giving Pirates a Reason to Pirate because many Fans are getting blocked here.

Is it Possible for you guys to Go Region free or Largely available the world?


Regional restrictions are imposed by the licensor (in Japan or elsewhere), not the licensee (Crunchyroll).
We generally try to license rights to the World ex. Asia. But it is simply not always possible to get that.


And that is mostly because of competitors who then don't make it worldwide and you guys don't have all the money, right?

so why are the other License holders not making their content worldwide? is it because they don't have all the Money?

Humms 
15252 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
26 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 10/17/18 , edited 10/17/18
Sooooo. This just applies for streaming?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.